nurse to patient ratio's

Guest ems

Just thought i'd ask out of interest, are there any nurses on here that know what the nurse to patient ratio's are like at the Royal Adelaide hospital. I know it is highly dependent on particular specialites and if it helps i will be on gynae/urology. Just one of those questions i wanted to ask at the interview but kind of got swept away in the whole process. Any feedback would be great even from other specialities. Thanks in advance.

Emma.:unsure:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I was at the RAH, doing my GNP on a medical ward there were upto 6 patients per RN up to 10 if you had an EN working with you. On the surgical wards I think it was less about 4 patients I think, but it depended how far post surgery they were. Now I work in PICU and I have either 1 patient or max of two depending whether intubated or not.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest skimbles

Hi, I was interviewed for the RAH on March 3rd. I will be working on A&E. I live just up a county in Norfolk and I cover Norfolk/Sufflok in my current post!

Hey Guys

Are we all trying to escape from this area? :biglaugh: Congrats on the jobs you two. When do you think you'll be going this year suziesouthey? I am trying to save money so will aim for January, i would like to put of working until mid feb so i can get my daughter settled in school and childcare. Good luck with the house skimbles, hope the market speeds up for you a bit.

Emma.

Guest happy feet

Hi All

i too have a job a RAH, and really want to be there by xmas, however selling the house is a nightmare in itself. The market is sooooooo dead!!!! really hope it picks up in the summer. Good luck to you all, and will hopefully see you all on the other side for barbie and wine/beer.

Caraxxxx

Hey Skimbles. Hey Cara.

I've got a job on the gyae/urology ward until they can put me through for a scholarship for mental health (diploma). Hows things going Cara, any sign of that PIN yet? i hope your enjoying the job. The Barbie does sound great but a bit a vodka for me please. I think i'm going to start trying wines seen as Adelaide is meant to have the best.

Emma

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma

Still waiting on the pin, they have taken the money so any day know, everything ready to go. Have you heard anything yet? Vodka is on the list, although i'd recommend the WINE....

Cara

Hi All, I am hoping to get out early March next year, got a job at the QEH via O'Grady Peyton. At moment working on Acute Male Surgical ward, but due to bed shortages its more like a medical/orthopeadic ward. I can't believe how many nurses and wanting to escape the NHS. I would be great to all meet when we finally get over to Adelaide.

Jo

Guest ems
Hi Emma

Still waiting on the pin, they have taken the money so any day know, everything ready to go. Have you heard anything yet? Vodka is on the list, although i'd recommend the WINE....

Cara

Hi Cara

Promise i will try the wine. I have sent back my visa nomination application form and all my bits have been sent to the NBSA. Things are moving (although theres a long way to go yet). I bet you've got your forms all filled out and ready to go. Hope that PIN gets to you soon.

Emma.xx:jiggy:

Guest ems
Hi All, I am hoping to get out early March next year, got a job at the QEH via O'Grady Peyton. At moment working on Acute Male Surgical ward, but due to bed shortages its more like a medical/orthopeadic ward. I can't believe how many nurses and wanting to escape the NHS. I would be great to all meet when we finally get over to Adelaide.

Jo

Hi Jo

Congrats on the job, i know to well what you mean about bed shortages, lets just say i didn't realize before i started on gynae that it involved things like medical patients, ortho patients and i had no idea that the appendix was a gynaecological problem, it can be so frustrating:arghh:. At the end of the day we are all fighting for our patients but a phrase that often pops into my head is banging my head against a brick wall. Sorry i'll stop ranting now. Anyway well done again and hopefully like you say we will all meet up when we get there.

Take care.

Emma.x

Guest ems

What a very good idea Skimbles, maybe i will start doing some research in the wine area to. Sounds like quite an enjoyable research project :biglaugh:.

Emma

Guest ems

Hi Jo

I have a week of work after Thursday so i shall be starting my research then. I will let u know how i get on if i can remember any of it and whether i can be converted from vodka to wine. :biglaugh::wacko:

Emma

Guest happy feet

Hi Emma,

My advice::: Chill white wine in freezer before, makes a lovely cold drink... I have no worries about converting (thats the problem). Enjoy your week off and enjoy trying it out.

Cara

Guest skimbles

Sampled several over the weekend!! Had a lovely glass of Wolf Blass whilst floating on a Lilo in the pool!! (OH cooking the barbi!) Practicing hard for when we get there!!

Funny you should mention Wolf Blass Skimbles, I had a couple of glasses of the Eaglehawk Rose yesterday and it made me feel quite merry, so I think I can recommend this to my fellow researchers:jiggy:Enjoy! I've got a set of 5 nights now so will have to put further research on hold till next week, Emma enjoy your week off and good luck with your research.

Jo

Guest ems

Cheers guys.

I'm looking forward to this research and keeping my fingers crossed the weather holds out so i can have some days in the garden to. I will be taking your advice cara and putting the wine in the freezer first.

Your weekend sounded great skimbles, unfortunately my weekend was spent at west suffolk hospital on a nice hot ward.

5 nights, that sounds awfull, hope it goes quickly for you jo.

Emma.

Guest skimbles

Poor you xx

Supposed to be good this coming weekend!! I have a clinical audit thurs and Fri so not too long a day. One in Ipswich and one in Brandon. Then its wine time!! Got some Rawnsley estate eyed up!!!

Kimberley xx