Where and how to find sponsored work

Guest phoesmummy

Guest phoesmummy

Hello

We are still at the researching stages of maybe moving to Oz so i have so many questions!!:unsure::embarressed:

My husband is a web developer (asp.net) and his profession is High in demand on the SNOL for SA. I think i would feel so much more at ease if he had a job to go to. Does anyone have any advice or know how to get a work sponsor?

All advice greatly appreciated :notworthy:

Tracy x

Guest Davemoz

Hi, I work in a similar field to your husband and I received sponsorship and had my visa approved and move in 2 weeks to Adelaide, I found the best place way are the traditional ways looking on Australian jobs boards inparticular seek, I also contacted firms in the area that work in same field and contact them directly and ask if they are looking for employees. I'm not sure if this helped but it made moving possible for me

Guest phoesmummy

Thanks Dave, so did a company agree to employ you before you started your visa process? I would just feel so much more at ease if he had a job to go to as im sure you can understand : ) are you taking family with you?

Most people don't have a job lined up before they move. Some find employment before they head over but for many its a leap into the unknown and having to start over and do the job seeking once in Aus.

He may be lucky and secure a job from the UK but don't bank on it. In an ideal world its what a lot would like to happen when migrating but its one of the things that usually doesn't happen before you do the actual migration bit. This is where with SS you would hopefully have some savings to bring with you to fall back on while you job seek etc.