Don't live with regret

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

Hi all,

Still getting my daily dose of PIA, reading many threads with interest's.:wideeyed:

I have always wanted to leave England one of the main reasons why i decided to do my nurse training, however never really knew where i wanted to go!! My OH, always said NO to any mention of moving abroad, as was very proud of not only being English but also of Engalnd. however his feelings have changed greatly in the last year or so.

I went for a job interview for Oz, got the job and we are going for it!!

I have never been before but want soooo much for my children to have a better life and if i'm honest i was one of those people with Rose tinted Glasses on the other side thinking Oz would provide that better life.:skeptical:

Having read many threads on this site i have realised that maybe things aren't as great in Oz as i have heard however i know that if i don't try i will live in regret forever..

What i am trying to say:chatterbox: is we all have dreams and if we don't try we will regret it for every always thinking what if!!! GO for it try it and if it doesn't work out, so what, at least you can say i tried.

Good Luck to everyone going for it, thanks to everyone on the Oz side who is living it and being honest about it

Hope to catch up with some of you on the other side:D

DON"T WORRY BE HAPPY

Cara

Guest ali@51

Hi Cara

your feelings seem very similar to ours:wideeyed:. Especialy the bit about your husband and beeing british. Over the years he has said exactly the same things. So when he suggested emigrating a while back I new things had got bad. We had our leaving doo on sunday and we got to discusing this and our overwhelming feeling was we would rather be sat in Winsfords in 5 years time thinking well it wasnt for us but look at the memories than thinking waht if what would it have been like!!!!

Morgan is an acccountant and dosnt do risk:GEEK:. We have no freind or family in Oz We have never been We have no job to go to.

All we have is hopes and dreams for a better life.

and a list for morgans 5 weeks on his own

CHURCH

JOB

HOUSE

SCHOOL

CAR

And the belife that with a lot of hard work and good church we will find a better life for oreselfs and more impotantly our kids.

Guest the4hopes

Can anyone imagine a website, Ozzies in Brit!!?? What good things would we say about the UK, I think sadly the bad would outway the good, but on PIA it is by far the other way around. Then it is still individuals points of view, which could be completely different to our own! Have you ever watched a film you were told was rubbish(not sure whether to watch it) and found you loved it?

So what I am saying is don't ever be put off by the odd comment, we are all doing the right thing by moving. Further to that I do love everyones comments and help,I hope this message is taken the right way!?

Laura x

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi all,

Still getting my daily dose of PIA, reading many threads with interest's.:wideeyed:

I have always wanted to leave England one of the main reasons why i decided to do my nurse training, however never really knew where i wanted to go!! My OH, always said NO to any mention of moving abroad, as was very proud of not only being English but also of Engalnd. however his feelings have changed greatly in the last year or so.

I went for a job interview for Oz, got the job and we are going for it!!

I have never been before but want soooo much for my children to have a better life and if i'm honest i was one of those people with Rose tinted Glasses on the other side thinking Oz would provide that better life.:skeptical:

Having read many threads on this site i have realised that maybe things aren't as great in Oz as i have heard however i know that if i don't try i will live in regret forever..

What i am trying to say:chatterbox: is we all have dreams and if we don't try we will regret it for every always thinking what if!!! GO for it try it and if it doesn't work out, so what, at least you can say i tried.

Good Luck to everyone going for it, thanks to everyone on the Oz side who is living it and being honest about it

Hope to catch up with some of you on the other side:D

DON"T WORRY BE HAPPY

Cara

What a good post Cara, things are not perfect here and you are coming with the right attitude!

I think you are right about having dreams and if you dont try etc etc.

Good luck

sarah

Guest Happychick

Hi Cara,

Well put in your post, i am sure australia will have its own problems, but as you say its better to try it , than 10 years down the line thinking if only we'd done it..

As you we want a better life for our little one. I want him to be able to enjoy being a kid and not grow up too fast

When will you be arriving in adelaide?? We will be there on the 26th may cant wait

All the best

Lisa . Aaron and kyle

Guest jill wright

Hi Lisa (and Cara)

This is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) thing any of us will ever do in our lives but like we have said we if we can say hand on heart that it really isn't for us after giving it a good go over there then what will we have lost!! better to give things ago I say while we can than 10 years down the line saying "what if".

It must be getting close to you going now Lisa I know when we met at the yorkshire meet you were all very excited. Don't forget to post on here before you go and keep in touch on the sunny side

Jillx