Aged Care jobs for teens

sduffy

Hi Guys ,I wander if anyone could help.

Friend's daughter is looking for a paid job in Aged Care,to gain some experience before starting a nursing course,she has had a couple of interviews but is being hit by the lack of experience issue.

Does anyone know of any openings preferably between Marion and Aldinga.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Sue

My daughter did a similar thing, actually worked in Aged Care for 9 months, before starting a Nursing Degree at Flinders and throughout the degree she worked to support herself.

However, she first enrolled for and obtained a Certificate 3, paid for at that time by West Torrens Council, as we lived in that area. It took 6 weeks and involved some work experience. This resulted in her first job in Aged Care, and she found others when she had experience and qualifications. Could she contact Cert 3 providers, to see if they still provide sponsored courses. Otherwise, the Padmans Group have several homes, try them.

Unfortunately I think they will only take you on if you are working towards Certificate 3 in aged care I could not find any that would take me on until I had my qualification, you may get somewhere that lets you do voluntary work, I did some at a home but its not in that area but it was through Life Care Churches of Christ nursing homes so maybe give them a try they have a few homes around Adelaide xx good luck with finding something but think paid work will be impossible without any qualification xx

Tina,she has applied there several times as she lives in Seaford Meadows,she hasn't had any response unfortunately.

Sue

Sorry I didn't read your earlier post and see that she already had Cert 3 sorry, thats odd, they are not normally fussy they are usually pretty desperate for workers in that field there is heaps of work perhaps try some of the in home support companies theres heaps in Adelaide but she would need transport to do this. Does she come across as a very confident person when she has interviews ?? just trying to ascertain why she may not be having any luck, ideally yes probably some employers would take on experience over a new worker but its just being in the right place at the right time, first impressions count so make sure she is giving the best first impression she can xx

Unfortunately I think they will only take you on if you are working towards Certificate 3 in aged care I could not find any that would take me on until I had my qualification, you may get somewhere that lets you do voluntary work, I did some at a home but its not in that area but it was through Life Care Churches of Christ nursing homes so maybe give them a try they have a few homes around Adelaide xx good luck with finding something but think paid work will be impossible without any qualification xx

Kadina,she is very capable and confidentshe also has her driving licence and her own car.She is very smart and presentable.

She has an interview with an agency in the city tomorrow,as you say its just being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for the reply.

Sue xx

Best of luck with that then to her hun, she will be fine, there is heaps of aged care work in Australia its a booming industry and so many options of work available, all the best xx I personally love home support work as you get much more time with people xx

Kadina,she is very capable and confidentshe also has her driving licence and her own car.She is very smart and presentable.

She has an interview with an agency in the city tomorrow,as you say its just being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for the reply.

Sue xx

The same applies with agencies really if you face fits and all that, I personally think agencies are a waste of time, but someone gets work through them, I personally recommend contacting homes etc direct rock up at the homes round about 11am when they've done the hectic bit lol and ask to see the Director of Nursing. like I said Life Care were a massive organisation (lifecare.org.au) another one you could try is Resthaven again a massive company with home support options too xx