Primary School Teachers

HI

I'm in the middle of getting registered with the Teaching Board of SA, I have booked the Mandatory Training course for September, need to book First Aid course and have applied for overseas criminal check ( bit of a faff as I have to get my parents to organise from the UK!). I hope to be ready for work in November when I have child care organised!

Anyone else in a similar position, would love to hear your experiences!

regards,

Shelley.

Guest m.jephcott

Just be aware that work can be thin on the ground at that timeout year. You won't have much left of this year for work I registered late last year and managed a couple of weeks but in term one I didn't get a single day of Trt work. I agree with the UK criminal check that was real faff and when i did it they were changing the form so I had to rely on a friend getting it within the month or starting all over again.

Hi

my wife had the same and she did the mandatory training in April when we were there and handed in all the paperwork before we left. She had to get the mandatory training certificate copied and certified which was easier than the uk as they have a JP at the courts who does it during opening hours. The registration took a further 3 weeks to come through. We go atvthe end of September but it is the last term of the year so she doesn't expect to get much work until feb time at the earliest