Childcare to and from school for a 6 year old

SwanseaJack

Hi

Trying o work out budget for childcare for taking my daughter to school and picking up from school 5 days a week.

Tried to ring child care centres from hotel but being old numbers been disconnected (don't think so it's me not doing something correctly as usual). Wanted to know roughly how much this would cost and is it like the UK you pay all year round regardless of school holidays.

I am a teacher who will be on TRT to begin with so hopefully will be working some days in the week and hopefully picking her up the days I don't work. Understand that I will have to pay all of these days.

Any rough figures would be great for my proposed budget.

Thanks kathy :wacko:

Does the school she will be going to not have an out of hours care, or are you wanting family day care for some other reason? My kids go to the out of hours care at the school they go to and seem pretty happy with it. It's open from 7am to 6:15pm Monday to Friday and during school holidays, which I don't think is particularly unusual. You pay for the sessions that you have booked so if you don't want holiday care you don't book it and don't pay for it. They even do short notice care if they have available spaces. My kids just go after school but sometimes when both me and my OH have to be at work early we take them in the mornings as well and usually we can get them in with just a day or two's notice.

Forgot to say the fees are usually on the website if there is one (usually a page on the school one) but we pay $19 for after school care, about $11 for before school care and $42 and $49 for holiday care - the $49 is for excursion days that they do every Tuesday and Thursday.

Does the school she will be going to not have an out of hours care, or are you wanting family day care for some other reason? My kids go to the out of hours care at the school they go to and seem pretty happy with it. It's open from 7am to 6:15pm Monday to Friday and during school holidays, which I don't think is particularly unusual. You pay for the sessions that you have booked so if you don't want holiday care you don't book it and don't pay for it. They even do short notice care if they have available spaces. My kids just go after school but sometimes when both me and my OH have to be at work early we take them in the mornings as well and usually we can get them in with just a day or two's notice.

Forgot to say the fees are usually on the website if there is one (usually a page on the school one) but we pay $19 for after school care, about $11 for before school care and $42 and $49 for holiday care - the $49 is for excursion days that they do every Tuesday and Thursday.

Hi

Thanks not sure at the moment on our reccie at the moment. Wasn't aware that schools did after hours clubs. So I gather the $19 and the $11 dollars are daily amounts. Thats great if That's the case will check a few schools in the areas we are looking at

Many thanks kathy x

In Mawson Lakes the before school care is $10 and after school care is $15. The difficulty we've had is getting a place as they're pretty full in the afternoon. It's definitely worth speaking to the school oohsc before committing to a house rental