Any Posties out there in OZ

Guest Guest1495

Guest Guest1495

Hi, I've been looking at jobs with the post when we land in Adelaide, I quite like the sound of working on a motorbike in Mount Gambier, get to see the area a bit before we settle ect.

I've googled for extra info but have struggled to find anything about salary or any people actually doing it.

As my skills in IT and jobs are a bit scarce I thought it may be a good intro.

Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. P

Guest Ivan Russell

Mate.......... have been on the main site for employment in Mt Gambier and there aint much to choose from.......There's no mention of Postal Delivery Officers........you could be pushin the proverbial up hill with a fork as theres only 30,000 folks getting mail and the posties probably gotta kark it b4 you get a look in..........I've gotta mate whos a postie here in Adelaide and I will catch up with him 2moro nite...........wont be back on line b4 next monday around this time..........will let ya know what I find out, yeah

Guest Guest1495

yeh I got my bearings out a bit, it is a bit further than I though! I saw the job advertised on one of the recruitment sites, I'm honestly up for living anywhere in SA as my visa allows this. Thanks for the reply. P

Guest jill wright

Hi paul

Click on this link http://jobs.careerone.com.au/texis/jobsearch/details.html?id=471287b348d140&q=pastry&qField=All&qInd=careeronecategoryautomotive&qInd=careeronecategorytrades&qSort=smart&qMatch=all&pp=20&view=1&page=1s then type in postal worker in keywords and the state you want and all postie jobs will come up

Good luck

Jill

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Postie jobs are mainly through an agency. They will take you on casual (which will not be full time). It will be a while till you get part time permanent.

You also have to weigh under a certain amount ...99kg I think

sarah

Guest jill wright
Postie jobs are mainly through an agency. They will take you on casual (which will not be full time). It will be a while till you get part time permanent.

sarah

Why's that then do they deliver the post on horse back so have to be like jockeys under a

certain weight???? That counts my husband out anyway then think he'll stick to his profession of baking (who ate all the pies??)

JIll

Guest Django

Oh no does this mean I have to learn what kgs are? Do they not do lbs and ozs in Oz?:sad: Its bad enough them doing stuff in kms (which I have no idea of) :unsure: These Frenchies have a lot to answer for.

Pete

Guest Nick11

A friend of ours is a postie and he loves it.

Been casual though for 2 years!!!!!!! No chance of being permanent!!!!!

He makes his money up by staying an hour extra a day and doing extra leaflet drops.

Need to be under a certain weight to suit the small bikes they have! Too many big guys falling off!!!!

Guest Guest1495

thanks guys, thats excellent, well I cycle 15 miles a day so have managed to avoid the middle age spread so far! Casual suits me for now, only me and Shaz to worry about so we plan on moving about a bit until we find the area thats for us.

That site is good Jill thanks, the link seems to be dead, I've had a hunt round the site but can't find postal workers yet (I was struggling to think of the PC name for a postie these days, Thanks!)

Guest jill wright

Hi

when you've entered the site click on job search and in the first column which says 'key words' type in postal worker and enter or put in SA for the state if you want to narrow it down. Hope this helps

JIll