NVQ Level 3 diploma in childcare - Australian equivalent

Guest wen66

I have a NVQ level 3 diploma in Childcare with 3 years experience and currently work as supply in a local nursery. What I am wondering is whether, my qualification in the UK, is recognized in Australia. I would dearly love to continue working in the same field if we are successful with our visa. (OH is main applicant not me).

If not, could I study here in the UK for the Australian version, long distance/correspondence learning? What about childcare jobs? Would I need to volunteer to get experience whilst there as I have read employers in general want Australian experience.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, or if there is a thread already asking the same or similar question, point me in there direction.

Many thanks in advance:smile:x

Guest bakersdozen
I have a NVQ level 3 diploma in Childcare with 3 years experience and currently work as supply in a local nursery. What I am wondering is whether, my qualification in the UK, is recognized in Australia. I would dearly love to continue working in the same field if we are successful with our visa. (OH is main applicant not me).

If not, could I study here in the UK for the Australian version, long distance/correspondence learning? What about childcare jobs? Would I need to volunteer to get experience whilst there as I have read employers in general want Australian experience.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, or if there is a thread already asking the same or similar question, point me in there direction.

Many thanks in advance:smile:x

wen

I have an NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Management , It had to be no less to be the Australian equivalent of a Diploma with the AQF if that makes any sense.

Not sure about child care though but I think I read it somewhere that it applies to all NVQ levels , you just might to want to get that confirmed

Regards

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There

I too have that qualification and to be honest it was a night mare to prvoe you are qualified. When i converted it at the skills recognition place in the city they converted it to a Cert 4, which at that time was qualified.... however the only state in Australia that didnt class Cert 4 in child care as qualified was yepp you guessed it SA.

However the TAFE college on richmond road near the city does have a program that gives you prior recognised learning and you have to complete a few modules and gap training, its mainly planning lessons and activities. It did cost but if you are working in childcare over here its seen as skills training and you can get it back off your tax.

This was 5 years ago so Im not sure what the deal is now, but to do your gap training you have to be working in childcare here. Also try the skills recognition place.

the below link will get you to TAFE website.

Good luck

http://www.seeklearning.com.au/tafe/diploma-of-early-childhood-education-and-care

jo

Hi I have the same qualification as you. I also had 10 years experience. When I arrived in oz I had my skills assessed and yes I was a cert 4. In SA that doesn't mean anything. You are in between cert3 and a diploma. You have three units to complete and then rpl the rest of your work it will take about 3-6 months to get your diploma. Empolyers are now only advertising for diploma qualified staff as by 2014 all childcare workers need to either have or show they are working towards a diploma. Once you have signed on to a diploma course then the centres will look more favourable at you. Hope this helps if you need anymore info just ask x

• 5 months later...
Guest junglejuniors

Investing in childcare training has many benefits for example -As a well-trained childcare provider, you are better prepared to offer quality care and learning opportunities to children.

So i too start Study NVQ Diploma course. :notworthy: