• Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1

      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      0 times

      Advice on Relevant Paperwork/ certificates to bring along

      I am moving to Adelaide in the new year with my husband & children on a 457. I wanted to know what paperwork/certificates should I bring along? I am a UK trained pharmacist but don't intend to work for a year or so until the kids are settled and not really sure what to bring.

      Are original degree certificates, proof of registration, references adequate or do I need to get these all certified? What else do I need to consider?
      Any help & advice would be appreciated

      thanks everyone


    2. #2

      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      41 times
      as no else will let you in on the Aussie way!!!!

      every thing you can think of...... and the stuff you can't..... they will give you the run around...

    3. #3

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Adelaide, South Australia
      155 times
      Hi Kayo,

      you need an an 'Aussie' registration from the relevant pharmacy body/agency. Without an Australian registration you're not allowed to work as a chemist. I just checked that you even have to prove your work experience/accreditation and you have to retrain a little bit. The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) call it 'a period of supervised practice' and also you have to do an examination for the Australian Pharmacy Board.
      You mentioned not to intend to work for a year or so and I think you need nearly a year to get your rego! Have a look on www.pharmacyboard.gov.au , everything is explained or give them a ring.
      Last edited by Rabeah; 28-11-2013 at 11:11 AM.
      IELTS 01/2011; TRA 03/2011; SS SA 05/2011; visa 176 lodged 06/2011; visa grant 08/2011; arrived in Adelaide 02/2012; Australian citizen 08/2016

    4. #4

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Payneham , Norwood
      197 times
      Kayo, the best website to visit (-as far as I can see) is:


      Specifically you will need, at the very least:

      • pre-migration assessments (original or certified copies) if available
      • passport and evidence of your residence status in Australia
      • qualification/s (original or certified copies)
      • any certificates relating to apprenticeship or indentures
      • academic record/s (original or certified copies)
      • certified English translations of qualifications and academic records
      • proof of name change (for example, a marriage certificate or certified marriage extract).

      godd luck

      John B



    Similar Threads

    1. What paperwork to bring??
      By silverload in forum Welcome
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 21-01-2012, 10:53 AM
    2. Police Certificates
      By Sears Family in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 14-02-2010, 07:20 PM
    3. Paperwork to bring over
      By niknjas in forum Real Estate
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
    4. De clutter, to bring or not to bring?
      By Dawny in forum Household
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 24-05-2009, 10:40 AM
    5. Bring your certificates
      By alieninoz in forum Jobs & Careers
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 16-10-2008, 02:14 PM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums