Nursing CV

Karenbfam

• 1 month later...
Guest Toodolou
Hi

We shall be arriving mid Feb and I am trying to compose an up to date CV as all of the jobs that I have been looking at seem to request one! Any tips on writing a suitable CV that wil be appropriate in Australia as I really want to get it right.

thank you

karen

Hi Aphra - oz nurses registration body , have an example format CV on their website to follow. Also, agencies like Heath staff recruitment also have an example layout and what to include on their website too. I am yet to complete mine too.

Guest MandiMR2

​Hi Karen & welcome. We are also arriving in February & cannot wait!! If you PM me your e-mail address I will forward you a copy of mine which you may find useful as a guide. I used it throughout my visa application, professional assessments & job applications, Mandi x

Guest MandiMR2

No probs Karen, it's great to be at this end of the process & able to help others. I'll send you it today.

No set date as yet, I start my new job at RAH mid March & ideally wanted to be there asap & for as long as possible before starting work again, however our property here is yet to sell, but if it doesn't before end of Feb we'll just come over 1st week of March & deal with the sale from there, we want out of here ASAP!!

We're staying in Melrose park with a friend for the first few months, until we find either sum land to do a self-build or a property to develop.

Port Noarlunga is a beautiful sea-side suburb, we went snorkelling there once & had a great day, lucky you! Where are you intending to go afterwards? Are you well organised with shipping etc.? We're almost there, its just frustrating I can't actually pack anything as we've hired a company who do the packing for us, so one room is just full of piles of stuff! Is the standard baggage allowance 30k with Singapore? Have you e-mailed them to inform them you are emigrating? as I've read elsewhere on here of people doing that & they get a further complementary increase, I'm going to try when I book our flights! Mandi x

Guest Toodolou

i watched the wdu adelaide episode and am feeling a bit worried about the portrayed lack of jobs for nurses... is this the case? where i live in the UK they always say this too ... however all my nurse friends are in work and have moved jobs with ease . i have too. i dont work overtime but coukd as there are always shifts going in my trust- despite them saying their fully staffed and no job vacancies. Should i be worrying? How have people found their jobs ... through agencies ?

Guest MandiMR2

I'm a senior haematology/oncology nurse & like you was very concerned of the media hype regarding jobs. During my 3 week visa validation & research trip in Sept, I visited at all the hospitals in Adelaide, left my CV with the clinical managers of haem/onc areas & made a few contacts. One informal & unplanned visit actually turned into a full on interview, there & then with no warning!!!

Since returning, I have received numerous e-mails from the wards I left my CV, enquiring about when I will be returning & inviting me for interviews & one such e-mail was to inform me of a vacancy about to be advertised, prompting me to apply, which I did & have been fortunate enough to be offered it.

I can definitely say don't worry about not having secured employment, I wasn't & wouldn’t be if I hadn’t!! I think being there definitely makes a difference, as many of the managers I spoke to actually to prefer nurses to be already in Adelaide, fully registered with AHPRA & to be able to meet them face to face. Many of the contacts I made appeared very interested when I made enquiries, but asked me to get back in touch when I'm back there permanently. There are very few permanent positions available right now, but plenty of pool/bank nurses are required everywhere, so you may not get to work in the area you're from immediately, but with either agency or pool work you will get your foot in the door, which will then hopefully lead to other doors.

If you're not already registered with seek.com.au & sahealthcareers.com.au I would definitely recommend doing so, as once you’ve entered your job criteria, you receive e-mails of all equivalent vacancies.

Best of luck, Mandi x

Guest Toodolou
I'm a senior haematology/oncology nurse & like you was very concerned of the media hype regarding jobs. During my 3 week visa validation & research trip in Sept, I visited at all the hospitals in Adelaide, left my CV with the clinical managers of haem/onc areas & made a few contacts. One informal & unplanned visit actually turned into a full on interview, there & then with no warning!!!

Since returning, I have received numerous e-mails from the wards I left my CV, enquiring about when I will be returning & inviting me for interviews & one such e-mail was to inform me of a vacancy about to be advertised, prompting me to apply, which I did & have been fortunate enough to be offered it.

I can definitely say don't worry about not having secured employment, I wasn't & wouldn’t be if I hadn’t!! I think being there definitely makes a difference, as many of the managers I spoke to actually to prefer nurses to be already in Adelaide, fully registered with AHPRA & to be able to meet them face to face. Many of the contacts I made appeared very interested when I made enquiries, but asked me to get back in touch when I'm back there permanently. There are very few permanent positions available right now, but plenty of pool/bank nurses are required everywhere, so you may not get to work in the area you're from immediately, but with either agency or pool work you will get your foot in the door, which will then hopefully lead to other doors.

If you're not already registered with seek.com.au & sahealthcareers.com.au I would definitely recommend doing so, as once you’ve entered your job criteria, you receive e-mails of all equivalent vacancies.

Best of luck, Mandi x

Thankyou for the info and reassurance! I must say I have never known anywhere to ' not need nurses' which is how the wdu program portrayed it . Wow, Good luck with your new job Mandi , you must have certainly left a positive impression with them.

I will register on those websites . I am going to be doing my nursing CV in Aphra format .. For Aphra , do you think it is an acceptable format to leave it in and apply for oz nursing jobs with ?

Hi, we just flew with Singapore (they were brilliant), we emailed them to advise that we were emigrating and they sent a confirmation email to print off and take to the airport. This gave us 40 kg each plus 7 kg hand luggage. We were actually 7kg over and they were fine about it.

Hope this helps:cute:

No probs Karen, it's great to be at this end of the process & able to help others. I'll send you it today.

No set date as yet, I start my new job at RAH mid March & ideally wanted to be there asap & for as long as possible before starting work again, however our property here is yet to sell, but if it doesn't before end of Feb we'll just come over 1st week of March & deal with the sale from there, we want out of here ASAP!!

We're staying in Melrose park with a friend for the first few months, until we find either sum land to do a self-build or a property to develop.

Port Noarlunga is a beautiful sea-side suburb, we went snorkelling there once & had a great day, lucky you! Where are you intending to go afterwards? Are you well organised with shipping etc.? We're almost there, its just frustrating I can't actually pack anything as we've hired a company who do the packing for us, so one room is just full of piles of stuff! Is the standard baggage allowance 30k with Singapore? Have you e-mailed them to inform them you are emigrating? as I've read elsewhere on here of people doing that & they get a further complementary increase, I'm going to try when I book our flights! Mandi x