TFN time process

Guest MandiMR2

Guest MandiMR2

Does anyone know of the general time frame to process a TFN please?

I'm planning on arriving next month/early March & start my new job Mid March, just hoping it will be sorted in time!

Many thanks in advance, Mandi

Guest Claire-n-tel

I'm planning on arriving next month/early March & start my new job Mid March, just hoping it will be sorted in time!

Hi Mandi, You don't have to have your TFN in order to work, it is just like being put onto emergency tax in uk if you do not have the correct tax group, so you can start work whenever you want just tell them it has not arrived yet and when it does they just add it to your details.

You will get the extra tax paid back from memory when you complete your tax return at the end of the year. :jiggy:

ATO say they'll send a TFN out by mail within 28 days.

(http://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Income-and-deductions/In-detail/Your-tax-file-number/Getting-a-TFN/)

When you start a new job, you have 28 days grace period in which to supply your employer with your TFN. After 28 days, if you havn't done so, then you'll get taxed at the highest rate (until you supply a TFN)

(http://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-file-number/Using-your-TFN-and-keeping-it-safe/TFN-declaration/)

Hi Mandi

Just for you to know, we`ve had ours back already they took 8 days.

Cheers jas