Your opinion

Hi guys, a friend of ours is starting up a business and he's not on here but I thought I would do some research for them. He is planning on offering a roof painting service, he will jet wash and re paint the roof. Also on offer there will be, house and fence washing to get rid of cobwebs and dust etc. do you think th is is a service that could take off? Any advice welcome

I think they might need to consider water restrictions as well and may have to apply for a permit (I am not sure about this, but would look into it before starting any work).....

http://www.sawater.com.au/SAWater/Environment/WWM/Permits.htm

I would also suggest they look at taking out insurance to protect themselves while they are undertaking their work and may need licences as well.

Hi guys, a friend of ours is starting up a business and he's not on here but I thought I would do some research for them. He is planning on offering a roof painting service, he will jet wash and re paint the roof. Also on offer there will be, house and fence washing to get rid of cobwebs and dust etc. do you think th is is a service that could take off? Any advice welcome

Hi Sharon,

Hope that everyone is well.

I had one of the neighbours come around to see who painted my roof as they wanted theirs doing. OH wasn't able to help as he's not too well so we passed it on to a newbie who had just arrived and was looking for work. When he went around to quote and looked into it he found out about all the health and safety regs (harness' scaffolding etc). I would look into that aspect for the roofs.

I know that this is also roof work but there may also be some work cleaning solar panels.

Tamara