Much plumbing work in adelaide?

Leeallott

Hi mate, I was in the same position but managed to get work after only a month of being here. there are loads of plumbing firms around, you just have to research and call around, i have found that they are keen to take on uk plumbers because they know they can go out and do a decent job, the only problem is you will be on apprentice wage until you get your level 3. It is win win for the employer you just have to work hard and try and do everything you can to get signed off as quickly as possible, do not trust the trade schools to do this for you, I havent had a good experience with mine, make sure you manage yourself and keep track of all units you have done. hope this helps

The plumbing thread on here is an interesting read.

This is another one that makes interesting reading, in relation to plumbing, in case you haven't seen it....I think it highlights everyone has different experiences and expectations, some go with the flow and others can struggle......

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/returning-uk/35563-warning-plumber-well-its-my-opinion.html

Hi I'm afraid I don't agree with smify. My oh is a plumber and was very lucky, just like smify to find work. I know a lot of plumbers at have unfortunity had to go home or change careers because they just could not find plumbing work. Most companies want cert 3 or above before they will consider you. This is time consuming and can be expensive. Sorry to have to tell you this but I need to tell you the truth. Uk Plumbers are struggling to find work here.