A question for all Nurses

Karenbfam

Hi everyone

We arrive on Monday 17 Feb and we are just sorting out last minute things. I am a nurse and have just started looking at jobs to apply for. I have my CV ready but a lot of the jobs ask for a current police certificate. I had one in 2009 when I applied for my visa, and again in 2011 when I obtained my AHPRA registration so these are obviously not up to date. Would you suggest I apply for another one this week using ACRO's premium service?

Thanks for your help

Karen

Guest MandiMR2

Could they be referring to a police check that's been done in Australia?

I'm soon to arrive too & have been offered a job at the RAH & they said they will contact me when I arrive to complete a DCSI police clearance application for which I need to have some ID verifying my Australian address.

Not sure if this is the same.

Why don't you e-mail AHPRA or one of the job vacancy contacts? Mandi x

Hi everyone

We arrive on Monday 17 Feb and we are just sorting out last minute things. I am a nurse and have just started looking at jobs to apply for. I have my CV ready but a lot of the jobs ask for a current police certificate. I had one in 2009 when I applied for my visa, and again in 2011 when I obtained my AHPRA registration so these are obviously not up to date. Would you suggest I apply for another one this week using ACRO's premium service?

Thanks for your help

Karen

Hi karen

I have just arrived from the uk and also got a casual position with the Rah

They gave me a form to go to the police with and they do a 100 point check. I used uk driving licence, passport, bank statement and birth certificate.

Contact me when you arrive if there is anything I can help you with. It will be good to meat others in similar position. Good luck. Tracey

Could they be referring to a police check that's been done in Australia?

I'm soon to arrive too & have been offered a job at the RAH & they said they will contact me when I arrive to complete a DCSI police clearance application for which I need to have some ID verifying my Australian address.

Not sure if this is the same.

Why don't you e-mail AHPRA or one of the job vacancy contacts? Mandi x

Hi mandi, just replied to u but added wrong quote. Tracey

Guest Toodolou

hi , is it hard to get a casual nursing job when you land ? im an icu nurse but adult trained and will try firstly to find a job in critical care , but would also not mind working on adult wards.

thanks louise

Guest Toodolou
Get your CV out there, walk into each hospital with a few copies and hand it in personally to Nursing Admin or HR. Sell yourself as the best thing since sliced bread.

Thats how my husband landed his job at Noarlunga ED

thankyou , we are planning to find a rental port noarlunga , do you know where nearest hospitals with ICUs are ? i have children so dont want to look for work too far from port noarlunga , thx

thankyou , we are planning to find a rental port noarlunga , do you know where nearest hospitals with ICUs are ? i have children so dont want to look for work too far from port noarlunga , thx

We lived in port Noarlunga for 3 years, very nice.

Anyway Flinders Medical Centre is nearest hospital with ICU, it's about 20 mins from port Noarlunga on express way. Nearest hospital is Noarlunga, no ICU but Ed, surgical and medical wards, renal unit and clinics.

Guest Toodolou
We lived in port Noarlunga for 3 years, very nice.

Anyway Flinders Medical Centre is nearest hospital with ICU, it's about 20 mins from port Noarlunga on express way. Nearest hospital is Noarlunga, no ICU but Ed, surgical and medical wards, renal unit and clinics.

thankyou very much , may look at ED too so very helpful thanks

My husband was an HDU nurse in UK and did a year ICU in Australia at the RAH, Noarlunga snapped his arm off to employ him with that kind of experience. If you are thinking of ED drop your CV to nursing admin at noarlunga hospital. You never know they may just be looking for staff or they want to put you in the casual pool Good luck

Guest Toodolou

thats good to know ! does he like it there where he works now ? i work

in ICU and HDU in UK , as they are next door to each other in my hospital , we also staff the wards when they are short !!! It would be nice to be able to work close to where i live in oz because im not sure what the pre/ after school hours childcare is like and my kids are school age . i think hubby will only last as a house husbsnd a few months before he cracks up!!