hgv work adelaide

micki340

hay all.. at the moment here in uk im a carpenter me and my wife are coming over at xmas she is a care worker ive been led to believe that as a carpenter there may not be much in the way of work for me BUT i have my uk hgv so i would be very willing to do driving work dose anyone know is there much in the way of hgv work and is my licence ok over there any help will be cool cheers peps..

Guest dazzler89

How long you have your HGV? IF it is more than 2 years old you get your rigid automatically when you exchange but you have to resit the artic, this is what iv been told by other irish drivers over there who swapped it.

Hi In SA as Blossom stated you can only swap your car licence over automatically and your HGV licence you can get a provisional which will allow you to sit the HGV test, this provisional licence only lasts for 3 months from the time you request it so make sure you have arranged your test and lessons before you get it, the gearbox on vehicles over here is totally different to the type in the uk, they are rangemasters which I believe take some getting used to a lot of double clutching, also just for information when you change your UK licence over it will cost you $40 per year, I paid for 5 year licence but you can pay for up to 10 years if you want to