Constrruction

goldie

Hi

Can anyone help my husband as to applying for jobs while still in the UK, he hits a brick wall when its states to enter an Australian postcode which he obviously doesn't have at this moment and we would love for him to have a job to go to before emigrating over there. My husband is a bricklayer/stonemason and also a project manager, he is extremely hard working and takes pride in his work. Any advise would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

Hi

Can anyone help my husband as to applying for jobs while still in the UK, he hits a brick wall when its states to enter an Australian postcode which he obviously doesn't have at this moment and we would love for him to have a job to go to before emigrating over there. My husband is a bricklayer/stonemason and also a project manager, he is extremely hard working and takes pride in his work. Any advise would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

99% certain that you will not get a job here in Aus until you are here in Aus. Sorry but that's the way it is and it would only put stress on you in trying to secure work prior to move. As a bricklayer I think you should be able to pick up some work pretty quickly, As a project manager then you would be looking at needing to have some professional qualifications (civil engineer and the like) with jobs a lot fewer and far between. How construction work here is run is different to the UK especially in the housing sector, so you need to be aware and ready for that.

Good luck

Keith

I agree with Keith not much chance of getting work before you come in the construction trades. My son is a Bricklayer and is struggling to keep in work, the guy he works for has had a squad of brickies for years and has a lot of contacts and does work for a couple of the bigger house builders but the work is just not there my son on average is working 2-3 days a week.