Scottish Nurse looking for work

Guest abigailtm

Guest abigailtm

Hey everyone,

My name is Abigail and I'm qualifying as a registered nurse in September this year.

Is there anyone aware of any jobs going that would be willing to take on a newly qualified nurse?

My family are moving out to Adelaide in September so I'm really keen to try and get a job without having to stay in the UK to gain experience.

I have 4 months experience in Surgical - High Dependency Unit and Orthopedic Trauma, 2 months experience in community nursing, renal dialysis and respiratory medicine.

I'm heading over to Adelaide for 5 weeks initially in September so if there is anyone that I could be directed to to speak to you that would be such a great help for me! I'm looking for all the help I can get just now!

Thanks

Abigail

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Abigail!

You would be very unlikely to get a job as a newly qualified nurse here, you would have to gain a graduate position and there are not even enough for the nurses qualifying here.

Your "experience" whilst a student is not really experience in those areas, it would just be counted as your general training.

What visa do your family heve and are you included as a dependant on it?

There is nothing stopping you contacting the hospitals here regarding graduate possitions but i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Claire

Guest abigailtm

Hi Claire,

Thank you for replying. It's so frustrating that I'm going to need experience :( I'm not included as a dependent on my parents visa in case I need to stay in the UK for a bit.

I will keep trying for positions, I had looked at the graduate programmes but you're right in saying that they fill up quickly and priority is given to Australian citizens.

I got in touch with an agency who have told me they require 12 months post registration experience but have offered me a HCA position while I am in Adelaide... So hopefully that will help!