Help - has anyone got some free time to help me get a new business up and running?

Guest M-J

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi

If you have any free time to help me get a new business up and running PM me.

Thanks

Emma

Emma I don't think you'll get offers of help from this post, you need to put what the business is, what you need people to do and when and are you just looking for someone to help you for an hour or are you looking to employ someone?

Sorry but wording it like this makes it sound like a big scam :nah: I'd be wondering if your account has been hacked?

Guest Guest75

I agree with the above posts.

To say the least - not very inviting , although people do give their time up to help each other out on here it's best to make them feel appreciated.

BTW - 33 years in business, 14 of them here. I've seen most of it here. The small agency stuff or MLM stuff may make you a few quid but no really big profits as promised.

The worst are where you are encouraged to sell to your friends.

So................. come back,tell us more and you may find someone with expertise in the area you are looking at.

Depending on what area you are in, you could contact your local Business Enterprise Centre - there are a few dotted around in Adelaide here are a few links http://www.eastsidebec.com.au/ http://ssbec.com.au/ http://bec.neda.asn.au/ http://bec.org.au/ - they often offer heavily subsidised courses for Small Businesses,m Home Based Businesses, and Startups.

I would agree with Tyke above (will wonders never cease) in that those businesses which rely on you getting friends to buy from you, or take on a franchise of their own in your business (such as many pyramid schemes do) are probably best avoided.

Guest Guest75

I would agree with Tyke above (will wonders never cease)your business (such as many pyramid schemes do) .

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Don't make this a habit - you also agreed with me in 2010!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Guest Guest75
But I've grown up so much since then! :smile:

Looks like the O/P was online a minute a go.

Diane.................... For a bit of fun....

grow up.jpg

Grow1.jpg

grow2.jpg

grow3.jpg

grow4.jpg

Guest Claire-n-tel

"FLPI participants are said to be rewarded primarily for recruiting new members to the organization, rather than for selling products to genuine end-users."

Hmmmmm.....sorry I think I am busy

Hi both

maybe if I tell you a bit about my personal situation you may understand my rationale for joining FLP. Myself, my partner, our 8 week old daughter and 3 year old son all emigrated over to Adelaide on the 2nd March this year. I landed a contract role in a well known car manufacturer(due to close in 2017) in April, my partner landed a job with a packaging company in May, meaning our two children went into long day care from 6.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday. We did the sums when my partner got a job and neither of us earned enough money alone for the other to give up work and look after the children; we are still subsidizing a mortgage on our UK home (even though it has been on the market for 18 months+ and we are still waiting!) as well as paying bills over here. My working week now consists of 40+hours at work, circa 15 hours commuting from Noarlunga to Elizabeth and 0 time spending quality time with our children. I racked my brain as to how I could get an income around my day job that would be flexible enough to work around the kids and everything else and would ultimately take over from my employer. I was moaning on facebook to a friend I have known for over 10 years, we used to rescue rabbits together for the RSPCA; she told me about a business she had set up to supplement her family income as her husband was working all the hours god sent trying to keep them afloat. I like everyone I suppose was completely dubious, and still am to some extent - I don't know if this will grow enough to enable me to jack in work but that is my dream and my ultimate goal, it may take me a year or two but if it comes to fruition great! I talked to Belinda on Skype and she talked me through the marketing plan, how it pays, answered all my questions and linked me on facebook to a whole world of FLP distributors; its a massive organisation in 155 countries, so my logic went something like this: this business has been going for over 30 years, they don't have shops so low overheads means more profit to share around, somebody must be selling something otherwise how have they kept going so long, and it was zero risk, you don't have to buy anything to get started all I needed was a computer and internet access which I had already - so I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I am still my best customer but that is because I buy products from FLP that I would usually buy from Woolies or Coles, I thought why give an enormous company my money when in reality I could give it to myself :-) If you have worked for FLP and have been bitten please share how, because at the moment I have a lot of support from my FLP group Synergy and they have been really helpful and supportive and the "pay" is in line with what they told me at the beginning, so apart from it being hard work as you have to deal with people's negative perceptions on occasion, you also have really good days when you make a break through and can see your dream coming a bit closer. At the end of the day nothing ventured, nothing gained and its all about personal choice as an adult.

Guest Guest12727

1. This is a new one...some-one whinging that they both got jobs within a month or so of arriving.

2. I keep telling people on here to locate more centrally UNTIL you know where you are going to be working..no-one listens. My suggestion MOVE closer to work and free up many hours to spend with your kids..don't take on another 'job' which will take up more hours.

3. I am still none the wiser as to what this 'free' help is that you want. Better marketing skills training from this company is required me thinks.

PS, no I am not interested.whatever it is so please do not contact me directly

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi M-J!......thanks for coming back to explain, many people don't when questioned about something.

I just wanted to say a few things about what you have just written.

1⃣ Firstly your post actually reads like a marketing advert, I knew someone who briefly joined Amway (another pyramid/MLM company) she was actually supplied with examples of things to say to convince people that it was a good thing, do FLP do that?

2⃣ Why were you not up front about what you are doing in your first post, the only 'spare time' or 'help' you need from anyone on here is for someone to agree to be recruited by you and therefore make money for you.

3⃣ I am sure that you are not naive enough to think that 'Belinda' was being altruistic by getting you involved.

4⃣ There are a few people who make enough money to live on but they are very few and far between and have had to sell to or recruit family and friends to make money out of.

5⃣ What is it that you buy from them yourself that you would "otherwise buy in coles" there is nothing that they sell that if I were a struggling Mum I would be buying, milkshake supplements? Very expensive face cream?

6⃣ in what way is the 'pay' in line with what they told you, the pay is only commission based, commission on product that you sell and also a cut of what your recruited people sell (do they pay you a recruitment fee for people you manage to sign up as do some MLM companies?

7⃣ You are not looking for help to get your business started, you are looking to get people to sign up to start their own 'business' and therefore make you money.

I think to post that on here where many people are happy volunteer time, money and effort with new arrivals is cheeky at best.

Hi M-J,

Thanks for explaining :smile:.

I think perhaps your op was a bit unclear, unfortunately. People on here generally like helping out, but don't want to feel intentionally mislead.

I know a couple of people who have done amazingly well selling Arbonne beauty products and one person who appears to have made a fair whack from Usana products. And good for them.

I like the products from both companies (vegan-friendly, no animal testing) but wouldn't buy from Arbonne again, because the item price was soooo high. To me, that meant I wasn't getting good value but simply putting heaps of money into the distribution network.

Personally, if there's no cost to you and you feel it's all above board, then why not give it a go. At the very least you might meet new people, and that can be good.

Next time you post perhaps be more transparent with what you want / are offering. You might find you get a very different response!

Good luck!

:wubclub: LC

Guest Guest12727

""I like the products from both companies (vegan-friendly, no animal testing) but wouldn't buy from Arbonne again, because the item price was soooo high. To me, that meant I wasn't getting good value but simply putting heaps of money into the distribution network.""

I also quite like Arbonne and was buying it from a friend but have stopped for similar reason the you LC. Major gripe is that when I used my credit card I got charged a $10 exchange rate fee as they are seen as an overseas company by the bank even though they are based here in Sydney. Very poor company management in my view.

I have just gone back to my trusty Clarins, which has dropped in price here a lot compared with what it used to be and I can get my 5 item gift too. Last time hubby was in UK I asked him to check the price of Clarins and bring back for me if cheaper, but it wasn't, so I got from DJs. :)

Edit BTW the distributors I know (2 of them) one got a merc and they both had a trip to US pretty quickly. I actually feel like I am being 'had' if they are making that much profit

Why live in Noarlunga is your job is in Elizabeth?? I should think if you moved nearer to where you work, the money you save in petrol and the extra time you'd have with your children would more than match what you can make from this scheme! There seems to be a lot of these types of company around at the moment - I know of at least two people 'working' for similar companies, but tbh their products also seem much more expensive than you could buy them for in normal shops - and I never buy toiletries and that sort of thing from Coles and Woollies - Cheap as Chips and discount stores are the way to go! The companies seem to rely of both encouraging their people to recruit more sellers, or encouraging their sellers to sell by offering free trips to places, which I am sure will include some big 'conference' where everyone chants the name of the company and one or two who have made huge profits and now live in huge houses and have amazing holidays will stand up the front and tell their tale with the tagline "you too could be like me!" Not my kind of thing at all I'm afraid!! I'd rather do a proper job for a proper company for proper pay and not be brainwashed.

(By the way Claire'n'Tel - Amway was the first thing I thought when I saw the post too!!

Looks well dodgy to me. Many years ago the Brother and Sister-in-law signed up to Amway, were convinced it was going to make them rich. To be honest the enthusiasm didn't last long and they must have stopped doing it because suddenly they never mentioned it again, but were too proud to admit that they'd been sucked in or made a mistake. My husband used to drive coaches and once had to take a coachload of Amway recruits to a big rally in Melbourne. It was all people saying how much money they earned, how they now had Ferraris and lived in big houses. Very much the American psychology of 'you too can be rich just like me'. But as they say "there's no such thing as a free lunch".

Edit BTW the distributors I know (2 of them) one got a merc and they both had a trip to US pretty quickly. I actually feel like I am being 'had' if they are making that much profit

That was totally the way I felt too.

I wonder if we know the same distributers? The one I know with a Merc - and it wasn't the base model either!! - was a counsellor who had her second child in the past year. The other one I knew OF (she was the one above the nurse who actually did the selling), and she had apparently made enough money to do amazing things to her home, life etc and also had a Merc.

It makes me wonder how many people stop buying because they feel 'had' ( such a spot on way to describe it, Howde), but also how many people carry on paying the outrageous prices.

Diane, I think if I could make money through having / going to parties, selling environmentally-friendly goods without charging ridiculour prices then I would. It sounds kinda fun!

I have a 'proper job' but I'm not convinced I get 'proper pay' lol!

:wubclub: LC

Guest Guest12727

No not the same LC. These two are in the beauty industry, hairdresser and beauty (nails, eyebrows, waxing etc), so really they are ideally placed to sell these products. In the hairdresser now they only sell Arbonne products, which means there is no longer a nice range of haircare products - just the one very overpriced Arbonne shampoo. :mad: