Peer Veet Electrical RPL

Guest Remy

Hey all, just wondering if anyone out there has done the RPL pathway to recognition through Peer Veet?

I am a licensed electrician from Canada and came here on a spousal visa so didn't need to have my skills assessed. Like many other people I was told that gaining my licensing here would be no problem.....seems a bit more difficult than I originally had hoped. After much deliberation and after speaking with every possible agency I decided that the RPL would be the best way forward to recognition for me. After a ton of paperwork and emailing I've finally been assessed favourably by Peer, meaning they've actually recognized that I am an electrician, and have been booked in for my trades test. After the trades test I need to sit the wiring rules and regs, rescue and resuscitation then the capstone, complete about 6 months of logbook and then I should be on my way.

Has anyone sat the electrical trades test at peer through the RPL program that can give me an idea of what to expect on the test? I'm kind of presuming it will be similar to what people have sat in the UK for their vetassess.

Anyways, any help or info would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Remy,

I've just read your post re. RPL through PEER. How are you getting on? I also looked at all possible options towards gaining my A class licence and have also decided to go down the RPL route. I've paid my $100 and got the application for which I'm starting to work through this weekend. It looks tough! I'm a UK qualified electrician. Not looking forward to this process!