Multi skilled tradesman.

Macklins

• 1 month later...

Hi as they have said in previous threads. You do require licences to carry out most trades. You may be lucky and be able to work as a trades assistant (less pay). Bring out all your certificates and prior learning documents from old employers signed! This will help.

When you arrive contact. Skill assist. I think it is called,they should be able to point you in the right direction

I came over on a 176 visa PR. Trade :-air con took a while to get licence managed to get trades assistant job This helped with licences. Then waited a year to do my electrical unrestricted licence.

It takes a long time and you think your getting no where, but it all comes together in the end and is worth it.

Hi, (very new member here) we are hoping to move to Adelaide in jan/feb 2015, now panicking about getting work (as you do), I am a registered nurse (community) and hubby is multi-skilled (bricklayer (time served) plasterer and stone-masonory) should I be panicking? how long should I be budgeting for without work? (we will have permanent residency visas when we arrive). Thanks in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GeniandEmily

Howdy, my husband and I own a building company (high end residential inner metro areas) in Adelaide and are looking for multiskilled trades people for an immediate start. You don't need a licence as we supervise all work (only essential licenses here are electrician, plumber / gas, aircon and we use local subbies for these). We are looking for skills in; bricklaying, solid plastering, and a painter decorator (two separate people). Can't be scared of hard work, learning new skills, helping out other trades as required. Email us on builder@krlifestyle.com.au ABOVE AWARD RATES PAID