Aircraft Engineer Looking For Work

Guest Evotwinny

Guest Evotwinny

Hi

My wife and I have moved to Adelaide from the UK and I am on the hunt for a job. I am an Aircraft Maintenance and Test Engineer with 15 years experience in the UK defence industry but struggling with employment because of the lack of Aussie defence clearance until I get citizenship.

I have fast jet, RJ146 and airbus avionics experience as well as UAV and fast jet ground running experience. I am ideally looking for a civil AME role but I am happy doing anything as long as it brings some money in.

I hope that someone will hear my call and can give me some advice or direction in some way or other. (even a small bit of advise would be of great help).

We are currently living in West Lakes so close to Adelaide Airport and Parafield. We would like to stay in Adelaide but will to travel interstate or possibly relocate if necessary.

If anyone would like more information please don’t hesitate to message.

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony

Hi Antony, I share your pain mate. Like you, I arrived with 15yrs experience in aircraft (RAF) electronics and could get a job because of the citizenship requirement. I eventually took a sideways step and put my skills to work via Quality Control and later Quality Assurance. I didn't get involved with aircraft again until I was 64 when I took up flying and got my Recreation Pilots Certificate.

You might have to do a similar 'side step' until you receive your citizenship, just try and stay current with trade trends via the internet (not available when I arrived).

Also, and maybe more important, stay positive. You've made the move to a better place and all will turn out right in the end.

Guest Guest14361

Have you been to Parafield airport and door knocked with you resume, it's only got a couple of hangers or so, also will you need citizenship with private aircraft companies?

Have you been to Parafield airport and door knocked with you resume, it's only got a couple of hangers or so, also will you need citizenship with private aircraft companies?

If you're going that route, you might as well take a trip down south to Aldinga as well. Apart from the flying school, Adelaide Byplanes, there are 2 larger hangars operating a commercial airline, can't remember the name but.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

My wife and I have moved to Adelaide from the UK and I am on the hunt for a job. I am an Aircraft Maintenance and Test Engineer with 15 years experience in the UK defence industry but struggling with employment because of the lack of Aussie defence clearance until I get citizenship.

I have fast jet, RJ146 and airbus avionics experience as well as UAV and fast jet ground running experience. I am ideally looking for a civil AME role but I am happy doing anything as long as it brings some money in.

I hope that someone will hear my call and can give me some advice or direction in some way or other. (even a small bit of advise would be of great help).

We are currently living in West Lakes so close to Adelaide Airport and Parafield. We would like to stay in Adelaide but will to travel interstate or possibly relocate if necessary.

If anyone would like more information please don’t hesitate to message.

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony

Maybe try bae systems, Mawson lakes. Similar thing?