Employment chances once we move?

Kerriandcarl

Does anyone know what work is like for carpenters / tradesmen in Adelaide at the moment ?

Also I currently work as school trips and exams co-ordinator here in the uk in a high school . Anyone know what my chances are of getting anything similar over in Adelaide? I'm expecting that I may have to look for a different line of work xxxx

Where will you be living. I stay south of the city in Morphett Vale and tradies are still in demand. I have work lined up for the rest of the year and am aware of new projects in the next year in Seaford and Hackham. Many of the older suburbs along the coast are being demolished and rebuilt and Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga south has lots of building work happening.

Dont know about you though Kerrie, sorry.

We are initially looking at port noarlunga but would move where the work is really . If work is in that area then great . Carl has his australian qualifications in carpentry and has got his white card . Will he require anything else to find work or is he ready to go ? Can you advice on ways of him finding work ?

sprry HG that things aren't working out for you at the moment . How long have you been over there ? Have you no job at the moment xx

Where will you be living. I stay south of the city in Morphett Vale and tradies are still in demand. I have work lined up for the rest of the year and am aware of new projects in the next year in Seaford and Hackham. Many of the older suburbs along the coast are being demolished and rebuilt and Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga south has lots of building work happening.

Dont know about you though Kerrie, sorry.

We are initially looking at port noarlunga but would move where the work is really . If work is in that area then great . Carl has his australian qualifications in carpentry and has got his white card .

Just double checking if Carl completed his white card in Adelaide (maybe when you were on a reccie) or did he do it online in the UK? I am just checking because some employers in Adelaide will not accept the online white card. Maybe have a look at this post for more info....

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-careers/44518-joiner-arriving-march-23yrs-experience.html

I have previously worked in 2 examinations roles in Adelaide, so they are out there! One was at a training organisation and another was at a university, not sure about schools though, but your experience should be transferable, often it is just a case of the way you write your application. The first job I had in Adelaide was in an examinations role and I was competing against someone who had more experience than me in this role (and they were Aussie), but the people interviewing me liked my personality and felt I would be a good fit to the role, often this is the case in Adelaide, in my experience being a 'good fit' into the organisation/team can have just/or more weight than your experience.

Edited by Jessica Berry