100,000 jobs promised??

Guest Guest14361

When I was building roads back in England I had this Irish bloke come and ask me if I knew where jeopardy was as he was looking for work there, scratching my head I said never heard of the place, are you sure its around here. Yes sure he said, it was on the local TV news last night, it said there was a 100,000 jobs in Jeopardy.:biglaugh:.

Seriously, hope it all turns out to be true.

If I went for an interview in a factory and told the boss I could make 100,000 widgets a day and then they took me on and I only made 2,700 in a day, how long do you reckon I would last in that job? I would be lucky to last the day! However these politicians seem to be able to come up with crazy statements and figures and not have to justify or be made accountable for them at all.

Jay Weatherill says the promise made by Mike Rann 'was announced at a time when the State Government could not have foreseen dramatic changes in the global economy' OH PLEASE!!!!

I don't know why governments make these kind of promises anyway. Governments don't and can't create jobs - they can only create the right environment for businesses to create jobs. The only way a government can create jobs is within the government and public service and I'm pretty sure no one wants an extra 100,000 public servants.

In the news today, an (un)employment target the Government is going to meet apparently!

THE number of federal public servants has fallen to its lowest level in nearly 10 years.

AND the government says it is on target to reach an even lower number ahead of schedule.

In the 18 months to December the size of public service was reduced by 14,414. Employment Minister Eric Abetz says the number of public sector jobs now totals 152,606, the lowest it has been since 2006.

The coalition pledged to slash the public service by 16,500 jobs by 2016-17. "The government will now meet this target ahead of schedule," Senator Abetz said in a statement on Wednesday.

Edited by Jessica Berry