Im looking for work... Reception/admin/customer service etc

candt

Hi

My current role as a air conditioning service coordinator is coming to an end, as the work is seasonal.

So I'm looking for a more permanent role to get stuck into.

I won't go into to much detail on a public forum but my work history is in face to face customer service/reception/admin roles. I mainly worked in the motor trade for a few years before we left England.

However I have years of customer service experience in many different trades.

I have great reference's from previous employers.

We live in the western suburbs but I drive so location isn't a problem (within reason)

If anyone knows of a vacancy that might be suitable or if your looking to recruit for a similar role please send me a PM.

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I arrived in Adelaide 3 weeks ago. Ive been searching and applying for an type of admin / office support job going as well as Marketing which is what my employment background is in. I still don't have a job and am starting to worry that I might have made a mistake moving. Apart from anything else it would be nice to have a job to meet people. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Ive tried all of the obvious websites - seek, indeed, career one etc and signed up to a lot of recruitment agencies already. Many thanks

Hi Eml

Seek is one of the most popular sites so they get a LOT of applications.

Lots of companies don't like to pay recruitment finders fees so try the direct approach.

Try Gumtree and jobseekers.com also think about where you would ideally like to work and look on their website for careers/ vacancies.

If an ad has a contact number saying to call, then call them for a chat. Don't just email your CV ( they call them "resume" here not CV) also attach a reference or two with your resume and cover letter. It's normal to do that here too.

Your application needs to stand out, I wrote on my cover letter something like ....

I've attached my resume and a reference for your consideration but if I could meet you, you will get a better idea of my personality and suitability.

Hey it worked for me! Got a call within 15 mins. Interviewed that day and started asap. It's for an Australian owned company and a full time role.

You only landed 3 or 4 weeks ago, so very early days. Keep your chin up

Post an ad on here too. You never know.

Wishing you the very best of luck. Keep us updated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Candt

Thanks for taking the time to write your post. It has made me feel a lot better and I like your idea for the covering letter. I still haven't found a job but I've now met with 5 agencies and I have an interview this week so fingers crossed!

Em