Painter & decorater

Smithers

Hi all

i am a city&guilds qualified painter& decorater wih 30years experience in all types of decorating.

will be arriving in Adelaide 10th May and will be looking for work to start within a week or 2.

if anyone knows of any jobs or are looking for some work to be done you can pm me on here.

many thanks

steve

The big developments at Seaford Rise and Noarlunga Downs are largely complete although there are still some homes being built there.

There is going to be a large development in Seaford / Port Noarlunga South in the near future. There are large areas of ground up for development in the Port Noarlunga area which is unusual...ground released by completion of the Seaford rail link extension. These are a while away though.

There is a lot of building work in the Onkaparinga areas demarcated as medium density. Owners are selling, developers are demolishing and multiple homes are being built on one plot.

We are going into winter and private work may suffer due to the weather. Many people only have decks, driveways, roofs etc done during the warmer months and for some applications the weather doesn't make it possible. They may have interior work done though.

If possible I would try to get a foot in the door with local estate agents. The same is true for contractors who restore trust homes. I know from my OH (works at a hardware store) that these contractors are busy throughout the year.

Do you know when you will be doing your contractors licence? It is done through TAFE at various locations but I think it can also be done through Master Builders (I know brikkies who have done it through MB).

I know a painter and decorator in Flagstaff but he's just taken a few months off to concentrate on his house build so that doesn't help...sorry.

There were people advertising for painters on this site...very recently too. I would do a search and see the if the contact details pop up or ask the mods to do a search for you.

All the best.

Hi tamara

thanks for your reply. I have got a few contacts for work already so will look them up once we are there.

just trying to gauge how much work is about and how much building going on.

Sometimes just got to be in the right place at the right time. I am sure something will turn up once we are there

steve