Looking for Admin/receptionist jobs

Hello everyone!

me and my partner have been here for 3 months into our year visa so far.

I have applied for almost 100 jobs and had a few interviews but the reply is the same.... I'm right for the position but as I can only work for one employer for 6 months they can't employ me!!

If anyone has any advice or help it would be much appreciated.

i would be happy to do any job like working in a shop or cafe ect for 6 months as we are desperate to save ready for travelling end of the year!!

Any my help would be great thanks everyone

Steve and Alex

Sign up with a temp agency. The place I work often have temps in from Entree, so they might be worth a try. No gaurentee of getting regular work but you won't have the problem of people not wanting to take you on for only 6 months as the whole point of temping is to have someone in for just a few weeks. I'm not sure how temping fits in with the 6 month rule but at the very least you would be able to temp with one agency for six months.

Yeah. My partner applied to a temp agency last week and had work within two days. If you were very lucky you might find maternity cover for six months.

Great thanks for the replies guys!! I'll ring them first thing tomorrow morning.

yeah a 6 month maturanty placement would be perfect fingers crossed