Nursing pre-reg part time

Guest ozzy wannabe

Guest ozzy wannabe

Hello

I am seriously considering a career in nursing, and would be interested to hear from anyone else on here that has done there nursing degree in oz!

Many Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

I had looked into it too, an EN takes around 18 months full time and a RGN takes around 3 years full time. The only bad thing about it was that because I am on a temporary visa, the course was going to cost heaps!!!

But good luck to you, I hope it works out.

PS if you PM rachiegarlo, she is a font of information regarding the health care careers!

There is another way of doing it - might be a little long winded but would allow you to work whilst you trained. If you undertake the carers qualification - Level 3 ( I know there are quite a few places that do this - the one I know about is NASANSB, which is a nursing agency) upon completion of this you can work in aged care - I may be wrong (they will clarify if you give them a call)) but I think it takes 6 weeks ish. Then from there you could do your enrolled nurse course (18 months) and if you then choose to - go on to do your Registered Nurse training. NASA certainly emply lots of EN's - for various assignments ie hospitals, to work with SA sportsmen and blood donor service to name a few. Without going down this route - the RN course is 3 years full time but can be covered part time (up to 6 years).

I met a lady at swimming last week (she's English) who is due to start her course (RN) next year - I will ask her for some info for you and also get Andy to ask to. They have started to do direct entry midwifery courses here too - 3 years full time, just a thought!

Lindsey