Jobs In Adelaide

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

HI EVERYONE

I'm a new member,

and would like any advice on careers in or around Adelaide, have been researching as my partner is being sponsered by SA as a Property Manager and even though it's on the list i have struggled to find lots of employment opp.:sad: Other sites i have looked on don't seem to have many positive things to say about PM so positive would be good guys.

We are only in the early stages with are skills ass but thought id start researching early. Also i am a Community Support Worker does anyone know if there is any work out there for myself, I have worked with a variety of people and have all the relevant qualifications. Just a bit concerned that we will get there and there won't be as much work as we expected.:unsure: But whatever we won't be changing our mind:jiggy:

Any info would be gratefully appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maddisons

Hi

Like most UK qualifications they are not quite transferable to SA levels.So if you willing to do any job it could be a case of anything until you get the required courses under your belt at a TAFE centre.I have to go back to college to get my electrical licence eventhough i am qualified in the UK.

Until then any work will do!!!!

ja and paula.

Hey Chorley girl. Welcome to the site. You will get loads of great information from here and everyone is so willing to help or point you in the right direction. Firstly, are you called Chorley girl because you are from Chorley, Lancashire. If so, we are too or at least that our nearest town.

Jobs, like the madisons said, skill are not always transferrable but you have to make a start. I am an accountant but my qualifications are not regconised over in oz, so I am considering some distance learning and currently in correspondence with seek.

If I am understanding you correctly, would property management be relating to renting out houses? If so it sounds to me like so many people are emmigrating and needing houses, the housing market over there is booming, so I would expect your partner could soon get up to speed with their laws and get plenty of work.

Carole

Guest Ellie

Hi,

Not sure what the job situation is out there but we are also under the impression that there is work out there. They are in desperate need of Bricklayers so we are lead to believe. Hope this is true as we won't be changing our mind either. Unless we are refused of course which just doesn't bear thinking about! :shocked:

Guest Libby1971

I don't know about the career opprtunities in the areas you mention but I do know of other people who have been sponsored by SA and yet the vacancies just are not there.

I would contact recruitment agencies NOW and talk to all the relevant bodies regarding employment so that you can be ready and prepared for getting a job. We thought that we would be able to come here, have temp work within 6 weeks and perm work within 4 months. Not a chance. It took 3 months to get a temp contract and for me, a year to get perm work.

Libby

There is a sh*t load of jobs here for property managers. However , like most things , its local knowledge that counts. You should get in as .................yes there ia a shortage, but whether the hours match up to the ideal .........I dont know. Careerone should have a few on.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hia everyone:nah:

Thanks alot for all that info really useful advice. Libby got me worried there, hardly any work oh dear! Can't believe it took that long to get perm work is that because you had temp visa?

Carole yes we are from Chorley and can't wait to get to Oz so if it means doing anything thats what we shall do. Have had a look on seek.com. There seems to be a few PM jobs there but not as many as i thought considering SA are sponsering them. I can't understand why they sponser if the jobs aren't there?

Well will keep researching and maybe get in touch directly with some companies to see if Toms qualifications wil be accepted over there.

Again thanks for all the advice guys:notworthy:

Cant help about the property managing side of the question, but your a community support worker, is that in disabilities, mental health or aged care? If so you have an NVQ ? If memory serves me right the NVQ in these areas are transferrable to SA, and theres tonnes of work particularly in aged care/disabilities.

Quite often you might have to start working casually but once they know your reliable ect a contract often follows

If you need more info pm me.

Best of luck :)