Looking for cafe work

Rochell

Recently moved ti Adelaide with my partner and our 2 boys looking work in hospitality palpably cafe work.

I'm really keen to get back to work and start meeting people. I have over seven years experience in hospitality, Been working in Cafe the last four years. I have a Australian recognized Barist certificate.

If anyone knows of anything and could help me out I would be really great full.

Hi Rochell, welcome to the forum. Just so you are aware your first few posts will need to be approved by a moderator before they appear.

Where abouts in Adelaide are you and how far are you willing to travel for work? It might help people know whether it's worth mentioning an opportunity they are aware of if they know the general area you are looking for work in.

Also need your RSA cert ( alcohol sales ). You can do it online.

my son got a job in a cafe in Norwood. He did a one side A4 resume with a picture, a more informal style explaining he had just moved over and his relevant experience and certs. He took it into places and asked to speak to a manager. He did get a few blanks but actually got 4 offers in the end, one a month or so later as the manager had kept the 'flyer'.

Turnover can be quite high in some cafes and it will depend if you are happy to work evenings and weekends. Be warned that most will offer zero hour contracts on higher rates than perm staff. My son was offered two shifts a week to start with but now works 5 most weeks.