thermal insulation jobs

Bedsocks

Hi everyone

I am new to this site and I currently living in the UK but looking into moving to Adelaide ad we have friends there. My husband currently works with thermal insulation and has worked mainly in London on site like the shard and houses of parliament. I have been looking into visas but his job title Is not on the list.

I was after advice on what the best thing to do if his job is know as something different or if there was companies there that would sponsors us.

Thanks in advance helen

Hi and welcome!

I wouldn't know what the job situation is for thermal insulation.

Bradford is the leading supplier of products in the Australian market.

I did a quick google search for Adelaide and found that there are a number of installers. Perhaps contact them to see what job opportunities there are. If there are questions around visas a good migration agent should be able to help with current requirements.

You may be fortunate and someone on here may have a contact. I know that it has happened for associated trades like double glazing installers.

All the best.

I think the job still needs to be on the list for sponsorship.

It may be worth consulting with a reputable MARA registered migration agent to see if you could qualify for a visa of some sort. It could be the job title isn't there but there is something to be done if the profession is on the list or there is a skill set that could help.

Go Matilda and Visa Bureau are two that would be good starting points. If you decide to check out others please ensure they are MARA registered and you've read reviews/feedback on them as there are some dodgy firms out there who have cost people their money and don't get them their visa.

Sadly there is are not one, but two elephants in the room here. Very few people will want to talk about these, (-me included):

Google " Federal Home Insulation Scheme, Australia" and "Mr Fluffy" for the whole ghastly story.

-Better forewarned and well armed, than in the dark.

That said, there are plenty of opportunities for professional ceiling and cavity insulation both domestic and industrial. The new naval contracts will also be generating some work in this field, eventually.

In addition, surprisingly few firms do Double Glazing and super glass installation in Oz, if you want to branch out.

Sadly there is are not one, but two elephants in the room here. Very few people will want to talk about these, (-me included):

Google " Federal Home Insulation Scheme, Australia" and "Mr Fluffy" for the whole ghastly story.

-Better forewarned and well armed, than in the dark.

That said, there are plenty of opportunities for professional ceiling and cavity insulation both domestic and industrial. The new naval contracts will also be generating some work in this field, eventually.

In addition, surprisingly few firms do Double Glazing and super glass installation in Oz, if you want to branch out.

I had heard about the Mr Fluffy story as there was a lot of news coverage but had not connected the dots between the profession and those events.

You are right, a quick search turns up the full story as it was widely reported and still is as and when.