teacher questions

Reena1991

Hi, just in the final stages of applying for teacher registration. Can any fellow teachers, who have already started working (relief or contract), explain to me how you work out what pay scale I would be on and how i prove this? There is nothing on the teacher reg application form that refers to this, so wondered, at what point does this aspect of the job get sorted out? If it helps, I have been a teacher since 2008 (part time since 2012) and was Literacy coordinator (I received an TLR for this) and was on the SMT.

Hi, just in the final stages of applying for teacher registration. Can any fellow teachers, who have already started working (relief or contract), explain to me how you work out what pay scale I would be on and how i prove this? There is nothing on the teacher reg application form that refers to this, so wondered, at what point does this aspect of the job get sorted out? If it helps, I have been a teacher since 2008 (part time since 2012) and was Literacy coordinator (I received an TLR for this) and was on the SMT.

I think it is based on length of teaching; so you should have proof of employment to cover that. From what I've seen and heard, additional points etc here does not give that much greater remuneration. My information may from a narrow view and out of date.

Cheers,

Cooler

Hi

Once you've started teaching you can complete a form to get you onto the correct pay scale. You need evidence from all of your schools. It is called salary reclassification. Really straightforward and they backdate it too to the first day you worked for DECD!

http://www.decd.sa.gov.au/hrstaff/pages/employmentconditions/wages/?reFlag=1 end of page has salary reclassification info.

cheers

Ails

Hi

Once you've started teaching you can complete a form to get you onto the correct pay scale. You need evidence from all of your schools. It is called salary reclassification. Really straightforward and they backdate it too to the first day you worked for DECD!

http://www.decd.sa.gov.au/hrstaff/pages/employmentconditions/wages/?reFlag=1 end of page has salary reclassification info.

cheers

Ails