• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Arggg..lack of jobs in SA - working interstate

Title
      Liked
      958 times
      Rep
      There can be many reasons why a person secures a job or not in Adelaide! Often new arrivals (or even the 'locals'!) can jeopardise their chances because they don't know how things work. So for example, a recruiter/company wanting to reduce a shortlist of applicants may conduct a phone interview, so applicants need to be ready with answers in case they receive a phone call, especially the one relating to salary expectations. Often employers are now in a strong position in the current economy to pick and choose from a larger pool of applicants.

From my experience there is still work around in Adelaide. I know several people who have secured work recently, but it depends on your skill set, the industry you work in, attitude and approach etc etc!
      flossybeth, Philly47 and Glencoe like this.

Title
      Liked
      47 times
      Rep
      Thanks for your reply Buddy. I can't believe the experience you and your wife had with regards to qualifications! (well, I can!) Hubby has had a couple of second interviews and has a follow up interview for one job in Melbourne on Friday (they're flying him over for it so fingers crossed). If he secures the role, we will stay here and he will commute back at weekends...not ideal but we always said the first couple of years would be tough. The thing is, we don't want to move interstate as we truly like Adelaide, but time will tell I guess. You're right that it's not all negative here ...after all...I was fortunate to jump in to work straight away and if he secures this role...I may well reduce my hours further and enjoy SA a little more .
      SA SS applied for 13/05/13; EOI invitation 06/06/13; 190 Visa grant 18/10/13, Reccie 03/04/14...landed in Adelaide... 9 April 2016.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi

Are you still currently in the same position? I work as a Career Consultant and as part of my personal plan to keep things in my life balanced I do some free work occasionally. If you are in Adelaide and would like to meet for a coffee I am happy to provide you professional support and guidance at no charge. Let me know if you are interested?

Kind regards,

Emma

Title
      Liked
      47 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by AussieIMG View Post
      Hi

Are you still currently in the same position? I work as a Career Consultant and as part of my personal plan to keep things in my life balanced I do some free work occasionally. If you are in Adelaide and would like to meet for a coffee I am happy to provide you professional support and guidance at no charge. Let me know if you are interested?

Kind regards,

Emma
      Hi Emma

I will mention it to my husband...he is always happy to meet people for a coffee as he feels quite isolated during the day. I will speak to him this evening and PM you.

Many thanks

Sarah
      SA SS applied for 13/05/13; EOI invitation 06/06/13; 190 Visa grant 18/10/13, Reccie 03/04/14...landed in Adelaide... 9 April 2016.

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12