How available are aged care casual jobs?

usherer

The husband has been overworked doing kitchen hand jobs, and is now looking at a Cert III in aged care for which casual jobs are reportedly able to pay around $25 per hour.

Our burning question is, if he would like to target earning $700-$1000 a week, how possible will it be?

thanks in advance!

Care work is one area that has a shortage of people. I have two (almost daughters in law) who are doing the course.

The rollout of the National Disability Scheme will also increase the demand for trained people.

Wikipedia: "In July 2013 the first stage of DisabilityCare Australia commenced in South Australia, Tasmania, the Hunter Region in New South Wales and the Barwon area of Victoria, while the Australian Capital Territory commenced in July 2014."

Seems like SA is at the forefront of changes - I'm referring to the right for women to vote, and I think, recognition of Aboriginal sovereignty?

Casual community aged care work is always available. As a community RN my employer regularly advertise for home support workers, I'm not sure if $25 an hour is slightly optimistic though? One thing I will say is it's hard work and not a job you do for money, the aged care population need caring for correctly, I'm very passionate about ensuring our aging population get the care they deserve. If your husband is genuinely serious about it send me a PM. My company will also employ without the cert III, it just restricts what you can/can't do