Qualified at last!!!

Guest Nick11

Guest Nick11

For those of you who don't know my story(yawn yawn)

Primary school teacher of 17 years - can't get a job!!

Got offered a job in childrens centre as a qualified group leader. Decs refused to let me be qualified as I had never taught 0-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at long last - after endless letters,e-mails, re-- registrastion from Teachers board etc - they rang this afternoon to say I got it!

Although its not the job I hoped for - its a start.

The director is rostering me around hubbys shifts - so no child care needed - not even in the holidays (which might not be a lot to folk with no kids - but is a huge bonus for us) Plus I get to be in charge

It's a start!

Nick

Well done Nick about time they got it sorted for you:)

I am really pleased for you and you get the holidays as well, what a result:wubclub:

Jo xx

Guest Deb17

Amazing. What an excellent result for you. But perhaps you can tell me how you went about getting re-registered with the TRB as a qualified person to work in childcare? - since I'm in a similar situation ie. teacher with no job. I went for an interview the other day as an unqualified childcare worker, despite my teaching practices and PGCE being in the 4-7 age group (although my parchment doesn't say this, worse luck!) I'm also interested to know how you even got an interview for a job as a centre director without the Certificate III or Diploma. I've been told I absolutely MUST get the Cert III at least or my application wouldn't even be considered! I find it completely ludicrous that I must waste another 6-12 months of my life doing a course at a lower level to the qualifications I've got, just in case I want to work with icky sticky babies!

Deb.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

OMG, we are so pleased for you - first Libby, then Stoo, now you - all good things come to those who wait, or persist!

But have I missed a bit - does that mean you are working at the same centre you have been at or somewhere else?

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest Nick11
Amazing. What an excellent result for you. But perhaps you can tell me how you went about getting re-registered with the TRB as a qualified person to work in childcare? - since I'm in a similar situation ie. teacher with no job. I went for an interview the other day as an unqualified childcare worker, despite my teaching practices and PGCE being in the 4-7 age group (although my parchment doesn't say this, worse luck!) I'm also interested to know how you even got an interview for a job as a centre director without the Certificate III or Diploma. I've been told I absolutely MUST get the Cert III at least or my application wouldn't even be considered! I find it completely ludicrous that I must waste another 6-12 months of my life doing a course at a lower level to the qualifications I've got, just in case I want to work with icky sticky babies!

Deb.

Will pm you and talk

Nick

Guest Libby1971

Bl**DY brilliant news!!

Well done, you sooooo deserve this!

And before anyone tells me off for shouting, trust me I can get louder than this:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Libby, utterly gettin jiggy :jiggy::jiggy:partytime

Guest Nick11
Congrats Nicky !!

Does this mean your leaving Cams place !

No - means I'll be in charge when you get there in the morning!!! So you better watch out!

No seriously this will open new doors for me in the future.