electrical work

Guest coleman

Guest coleman

Hi Just wondered if the market out there has changed as regards electrical work, ive been told there is plenty of work for an electrican even while they are re-doing the wiring exam. Is this still the case or like over here is there a sign of things getting bad regards work. Loads of our contracts are being stopped and work on projects cancelled. Are we still safe to come over in August without any jobs????????????:arghh:

Any help would be appreciated.

Debbie Phill Jack Laura.

Guest caroline&paul

Hi Debbie, Phil, Jack & Laura, Ive been in Adelaide since December 2007, there is plenty of electrial work but you need your licence, its difficult to get a job without it.

I'd recommend that you get your ARTC before you get to Adelaide then all you have to do is the Wiring rules which you can do in 6 days at Peertech.

You can apply for your ARTC while your in the UK if you have an australian address for them to send it to.

One other thing, the wages for sparky's here are not great.

If you need any information regarding electicians licence, or anything else pm me.

all the best

Paul

Guest Fat Boy Fat
Hi Just wondered if the market out there has changed as regards electrical work, ive been told there is plenty of work for an electrican even while they are re-doing the wiring exam. Is this still the case or like over here is there a sign of things getting bad regards work. Loads of our contracts are being stopped and work on projects cancelled. Are we still safe to come over in August without any jobs????????????:arghh:

Any help would be appreciated.

Debbie Phill Jack Laura.

There is still loads of work but a lot of it it is flying in and out for the mines. Really well paid but poor family life style. If you phone round when you get here you will get a start with someone but the money is not great until you get your A class which you can only do here. Work on site here is a bit more eaiser going than it was in London and you seem to get less job worth dick heads running things. The only crap foreman I meet was from Leeds ( the kind of bloke who gives poms a bad name) We came here with no job no house and not alot of money we still don't have much money but it worth doing. Remember life should not be all about work.

Guest coleman

Thanks for your reply you say pay is not good what am i loking at?

what part of adelaide have you settle in?

you say you dont have much money do you think a family of 4 can live on a electrican wage while renting a house?

Are you still glad you made the move?

sorry about all the questions i didnt mean to ask so much.

Thanks again

Phill Deb jack and Laura

Guest Fat Boy Fat
Thanks for your reply you say pay is not good what am i loking at?

what part of adelaide have you settle in?

you say you dont have much money do you think a family of 4 can live on a electrican wage while renting a house?

Are you still glad you made the move?

sorry about all the questions i didnt mean to ask so much.

Thanks again

Phill Deb jack and Laura

I have meet brits working for $25.00 an hour whille they are trying to get their ticket. The thing to do is just get out in the work place and see what you can get. I was told by one aussie that he was not going to take any more brits without tickets because the minute they get their A class they move on. might be the crap money he paid!

We have a house in Aberfoyle park. I like the area but the only way to decide whats best for you is look when you get here and see what gives you a good feeling.

you will find something in your price range to rent while you get settled.

I love it here, the life style really suits us we have made some really good friends in the last 3 years both ex-pats and aussies. But the sad facts are it is not for everybody and we have seen people head back to the UK. All I can tell you is my whole family want to be here and enjoy a good life style.