Jobs for SITE MANAGERS

Guest markshelley

Guest markshelley

Hi all,

Just a quick note to see if anyone could help.

Im a site manager with a joinery trade background and i was just wondering if all my certificates and training would be ok to show potential employers over in oz, i know they probably will need me to do the ozzy equivalent but i just hope the stuff i have got from uk will stand me in good stead in gaining employment in oz.

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Mark , there are more site managers advertised in the papers than just about any other building based job out here, Have a chat or pm Sas of guzzler and sas on the site who workes for a recruitment firm she can point you in the right direction. Cheers Graham

Guest chippie74

There is a recruitment firm which only does site managers. i phoned about 15 recruitment fims up when looking for work and they said managers only!! il pm you if i come across the number!! its 1 of 15..lol

Hi all,

Just a quick note to see if anyone could help.

Im a site manager with a joinery trade background and i was just wondering if all my certificates and training would be ok to show potential employers over in oz, i know they probably will need me to do the ozzy equivalent but i just hope the stuff i have got from uk will stand me in good stead in gaining employment in oz.

Hi Guys,

Well i came across with all my qualifications and Sas done me a huge favour and got me in touch with Talent2:notworthy:. They done me proud with 6 interviews in the first seven days of being here resulting in 2 offers straight away. I found all the firms i see was interested more in experience than bits of paper as most mean nothing to them. A couple said i would need to get a Green card first before they offered a job. Yet the two firms who offered said they would sort out that side of things out later.

I chose the offer from Hansen Yuncken and have now been working for 1 1/2 weeks and loving every second of it. After spending the last 6 years in the uk for a firm that was only interested in the "fluffy stuff" its great to be working for a building firm!!

At the moment there is a lot of call for site managers and the firms i see do pay a good wage for the right people.

So far if i was to chose what i prefer 1) work for uk firm or 2) an oz firm - well theres no contest!!

Yes the hours are longer, start at 7 finish at 5 monday to friday and you will have to work some saturdays but at least you get paid for it where as in the uk i never.

Good luck and give Talent 2 a shout before you arrive and they will fit up interviews for you before you get here. Cant recommend them enough

Guest markshelley
Hi Guys,

Well i came across with all my qualifications and Sas done me a huge favour and got me in touch with Talent2:notworthy:. They done me proud with 6 interviews in the first seven days of being here resulting in 2 offers straight away. I found all the firms i see was interested more in experience than bits of paper as most mean nothing to them. A couple said i would need to get a Green card first before they offered a job. Yet the two firms who offered said they would sort out that side of things out later.

I chose the offer from Hansen Yuncken and have now been working for 1 1/2 weeks and loving every second of it. After spending the last 6 years in the uk for a firm that was only interested in the "fluffy stuff" its great to be working for a building firm!!

At the moment there is a lot of call for site managers and the firms i see do pay a good wage for the right people.

So far if i was to chose what i prefer 1) work for uk firm or 2) an oz firm - well theres no contest!!

Yes the hours are longer, start at 7 finish at 5 monday to friday and you will have to work some saturdays but at least you get paid for it where as in the uk i never.

Good luck and give Talent 2 a shout before you arrive and they will fit up interviews for you before you get here. Cant recommend them enough

Hi Ian,

May i ask what was the range of the wage the firms you had interviews with?

Also where is the areas mostly looking for managers?

Cheers

Guest Amelia&Fred

hi mark

just to add... there is soooo much work here in construction, I sent my CV in to a few agencies on the saturday before we arrived and had phone calls from all of them on monday morning before 10am! I don't think that they even checked my references.... getting through the visa process is enough to let them know you're good I think.

You can find work anywhere... I work right in the city centre but my husband has been working on sites all over the area. A lot of managers I've come across have been very young, undergrads, inexperienced etc... there is a need for sure. There's little bulls**t here which is a refreshing change from the uk.... :) and because there is so much work you can choose the right job for you.

Not sure about wages but as a project manager it is equal to or more than the uk.

Good luck

Amelia and Fred

http://www.funkeldink.com