Buying a Business??

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi people,

After a bit of advice if possible...

We are looking in to the possibility of buying a business in Oz. Has anyone done this on a 475 visa? I wasn't sure if it's allowed? :err:

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
Guest rockpool crab
Hi people,

After a bit of advice if possible...

We are looking in to the possibility of buying a business in Oz. Has anyone done this on a 475 visa? I wasn't sure if it's allowed? :err:

Thank you!!

Hiya,..brilliant question..hope someone answers. I trawl my way through the "businesses" probably more than the property. I would so loooooove to work for myself. Fingers crossed it is "allowed" :)

Carol Ann

Guest Lulujim
Hiya,..brilliant question..hope someone answers. I trawl my way through the "businesses" probably more than the property. I would so loooooove to work for myself. Fingers crossed it is "allowed" :)

Carol Ann

Me too. What sort of business are you thinking about? x

Guest rockpool crab
Me too. What sort of business are you thinking about? x

well..don't get me started..lol...I've looked at "glass blowing businesses" to "cooking baked potates" in Victor Harbour. Although recently saw a printing business ..mmm...can't say as we have oodles of cash to throw about but I would just sooooo love to work for myself. Quite prepared to work into the weeee small hours and all that jazz.

What about yourself..what kinda thing you guys looking at.

Carol Ann

Guest Lulujim

What about yourself..what kinda thing you guys looking at.

Carol Ann

We were originally looking at opening a nuresery school/day care as I'm a Nursery Nurse and my O/H is a Manager.. but too expensive I think. Would love to open a cafe/pottery cafe though.. actually anything. We too would work extremely hard if it was our bsiness, and make the sacrifices needed too - just need to think of something!! :GEEK:

Guest Aussie pat

I have a friend in Adelaide who has never worked for anyone else in her working life. She set up a little business doing odd jobs for people including shopping, light cleaning, dog walking, plant watering etc. She is popular with older clients and has a loyal client base. She has never advertised as the business grew by word of mouth. She is now 50 and owns her house and car with no loans. This sort of business would involve little financial investment and could be done around children's school runs. Just an idea....

Guest rockpool crab
I have a friend in Adelaide who has never worked for anyone else in her working life. She set up a little business doing odd jobs for people including shopping, light cleaning, dog walking, plant watering etc. She is popular with older clients and has a loyal client base. She has never advertised as the business grew by word of mouth. She is now 50 and owns her house and car with no loans. This sort of business would involve little financial investment and could be done around children's school runs. Just an idea....

Jeez..sounds brill. Still wondering if, coming over on 475 visa, that if you were self employed would this still be classed as "employed for at least 12 months" to ensure that we fulfil this part of the visa.

I have absolutely no business experience though. No idea how to keep books. Bought a book about "how to set up your own interior design business" and then decided it was waaaaaaay harder than I thought to get into that...the book pretty much terrified me..lol. Looked up some existing companies in Adelaide and one in particular looks like they've pretty much got intererior design all sewn up (no pun intended)..so I'm back to the drawing board. Loved their website.. http://www.hoskingdesign.com.au/

Carol Ann