Any work for a Butcher

Guest shanaghy2oz

Guest shanaghy2oz

Hi all

Myself and family are heading to Adelaide end of september just wondering

what the job oppertunities for butchers is and what the wages might be.

Thanks Tom.

Guest katsmajic

Hiya,

just so you get an answer...

ive seen quite a few adverts in the advertiser recently for butchers, ads here rarely include wages though.

have a look on seek, career1 etc

kat xxx

Hi all

Myself and family are heading to Adelaide end of september just wondering

what the job oppertunities for butchers is and what the wages might be.

Thanks Tom.

Guest shanaghy2oz

Thanks Kat and Wendy was begining to get worried that there was no work available,Wendy it would be great if you could find out roughly what wages to expect

when we get out there ,we will be staying in Seaford Rise for four weeks when we arrive to give us time to get a 6 or 12 month rental sorted , is it possible to secure a long term rental in this timeframe.:)

Thanks Tom.

hi tom are you looking at settling down south? do you know people in seaford, I live in moana which is very close by -have a look in the messenger newspaper comes free every week or the advertiser sat and weds ar good for rental, I have a friend who works for a realestate agent in mclaren vale I can ask her if any thing is coming up in oct, how many beds and what price range are you looking for?

Guest shanaghy2oz

Thanks Lulujim will have a look on their site,Wendy yes i think we would like the southern suburbs best,but it just depends on where the work is don't want to commute to far from home,no we don't know anyone in Seaford Rise we have a furnished rental sorted for the 4 weeks .We will be looking for at least a 3 bedroom 4 preferred,pool thrown in would be great somewhere around 350 to 450 is this possible.

Cheers

Tom

Guest Deb17
Thanks Lulujim will have a look on their site,Wendy yes i think we would like the southern suburbs best,but it just depends on where the work is don't want to commute to far from home,no we don't know anyone in Seaford Rise we have a furnished rental sorted for the 4 weeks .We will be looking for at least a 3 bedroom 4 preferred,pool thrown in would be great somewhere around 350 to 450 is this possible.

Cheers

Tom

As someone else has already said Woolworths are looking for full-time qualified butchers and bakers for the Fleurieu Peninsula - which is basically far south suburbs all the way down to Victor Harbor. Don't know what the wages are like for butchers, but suspect they would be fairly similar to what my hubby earns working as a qualified baker for them - average take home is $650 a week, so expecting to pay 350 to 450 a week in rent might be a bit steep unless you have two secure incomes!

My hubby is from Belfast originally - whereabouts are you from?

Hi Deb

Thanks for that, wages don't seam to be as much as i thought they would be,we are from Fermanagh,have you been in Adelaide long.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Been here for TWO VERY LONG YEARS!! Seems more like ten!

My hubby will be glad to know there are more of the Irish heading out here - but we love Ireland, all of it, North and South - what's made you decide to move to Australia? Was the rain getting you down? :)

You'll find it a bit different out here - not much rain, so not much green either - I'd never seen white grass before I came out here - it's like walking on snow, it crunches and everything.

Good luck! ;)

Guest shanaghy2oz

Hi Deb

It doesn't sound as if you are enjoying it over there at the moment,you're right the weather is one deciding factor two years in a row know it has rained all summer,while that may sound ok over there when it also rains all winter too it makes it very depressing we have had about three weeks what you could call good weather and that was in may/june ,we have three boys who at the moment are stuck inside all day for the past 4 weeks because it is so wet. :sad:Sorry that was my little rant over,but we will be renting out our house here so if it doesn't work out we can come home and start again but we want to give it a damn good try first.

Tom.

Hi Tom

had a chat with my butcher he said to call in and see him when you get here, he wasn't very forthcoming with wages only that he is much better off now he has his own business (although he works longer hours now)!! I think he came over here about 4 years ago and was originally in partnership with another man who has now sold his share to do something new. would be worth having a chat with him if nothing else, hope all your plans are going well?