the best websites for supply chain jobs?

Guest Andrew Shore

Guest Andrew Shore

Any suggestions as to the best websites to visit for supply chain /senior managment manufacturing jobs in SA. I know the mining/ MOD and wine industries are looking for thse skills but its proving very difficult to find details. I am coming to Adelaide in October and want to set up some interviews. Any advice please

I worked in supply chain middle management for 15 years with Boots. Due to not wanting to pay for OSCH & Vacation care, there have been very limited opportunities to continue in this profession part time. I job-shared also & here that seems still very 'unknown'.

Cole Myers, SANTOS, Visiocorp & there will be the wineries & other professional bodies within mining that advertise for more senior full time positions.

In my experience this skill is likely to be required within Adelaide CBD &/or North of the City.

Good luck

Angela

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Andrew,

The best websites for Supply Chain jobs are all the old suspects, Seek.com.au or Careerone.com.au.

You may struggle to get into defence as you will need security clearance which you can't get until your a citizen, sometimes they will bend the rules but only if they think your worth it. All the defence companies are based to the north of the city. Check on the websites though for the big companies like ASC, BAE Systems, Raytheon, General Dynamics.. ASC have an open advert at the moment for planning / scheduling personal.

There are lot's of Automotive companies here too, but the OEM's (with the exception of toyota) are struggling and it's more likely we'll see downsizing within Automotive for the next few years. You can check on-line with Holden to see their vacancies too.. Most automotive work is based to the north too near Holden.

There are some supply chain jobs in adelaide for mining, but most will expect you to be at the site for a number of weeks on and a number of weeks off. BUt the money can be good...

The wineries offer some supply chain jobs, the largest of which will be in the barossa where the major wineries are based, like Pernod Ricard and Fosters.. Pernod own Jacobs creek, and fosters own Penfolds and Wolfblass...

The supermarket distribution centres are based near Pooraka for Woolworths and Elizabeth for Coles.

Other general companies to look at are Clipsal (about to move to Pooraka), Codan (based in the North East), Minelab based to the west of the city, and smiths crisps at regency park...

Personally I would steer clear of ads through agencies, i recently enquired about a position through an agency, only to be told the job reference didn't exist even though the add was 2 days old, this reminded my of when we arrived in Oz and I sent my resume of to most agencies advertising jobs and had interviews at the angencies, and then never heard from any of them again for another 6 months. I could have taken it personally but applying to companies direct i have had 9 job offers from 11 interviews.

Hi Andrew

Send me a PM and your CV and I will see if I can set something up for you. I work for Santos in their Procurement & Logistics Dept and have a mate who is an Asst Director in State Govt Procurement. We are currently looking for Contract Analysts in Adelaide and advertise via our website and source from Hudsons and Hays.

I worked in manufacturing supply chain management for 7 months for an mining / rail resources company. I got that whilst out on a reccie after I had got my visa - I had very little luck with agencies while still in UK, but there is plenty of work out here now. A colleague left today to go to a procurement job for the ASC - I asked him about not being a citizen and he didn't think that this was the case though it always states that on all the adverts.

Richard

• 5 years later...
Hi Richard,

I am looking into procurement opportunities in Adelaide - how is the market at the moment? Can I send further details across to you by PM please?

Thanks,

Paul

Sorry for jumping on your post, but we too are looking at opportunities in supply chain, but mainly logistics and transport. Other half is a general transport manager currently in the uk and we are looking at moving over in April 2015 but he is very concerned about securing a job opportunity particularly as the feedback I keep getting for me trying to secure a job in hr is pretty dismal without local experience. He spent 24 years in the army so would like to try and secure something with one if the ADF contractors if possible or would consider working away to get the experience under his belt. The key for us though is starting to network and make connections. We are flying out on a reccie in a months time so if we have the chance to meet up with anyone in either of our preferred professions; transport, logistics, HR or training it would be a step in the right direction. So if anyone knows of anyone in these fields who would be happy to connect or have a chat, please let me know,

many thanks

sarah

Guest John Alderson

Hi. I work in logistics management. Pm me as we may have a vacancy for a senior operations manager.

wine industry for logistics is being centrally managed by a 4pl company based in Penfield, that is going live within the next month.

Gmh (Holden's) are winding down, therefore logistics for them is a non starter.

I have aver contacts within the recruitment sector for logistics so can give you details if you private message me.

Hello

BHP Billiton are looking for a Procurement Officer

Job number:

CSG:

Copper

Site:

Adelaide Corporate Centre

Business / Project:

Olympic Dam

Job type:

Full Time - Permanent

Australia - South Australia

Not sure if this position fits in with what you are looking for job wise.

Jo