interviews by video link!

Guest Alipally

Guest Alipally

Ok, I have two early morning video conference interviews tomorrow and Thursday....

Anyone else had these before they departed... did anyone get a job via these video interviews before departure??

Just wondering.... feeling nervous and excited!

Ali

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi Ali

I had two telephone interviews last year and have another one on Monday. I haven't had a video conference one though!

Once you have got used to the slight time elapse it was fine, slightly more relaxed than UK interviews that I have had.

I do think that it is difficult to impress an employer without having an informal interview and really getting a feel for a place of work before the actual interview but until we are out there we don't have that option and to get a job before getting would just be perfect.

Good luck, be yourself and be positive

Roz

My husband had a video interview before he came out here and he got the job!!!

A little tip which my friend did. Put some "trigger answers, notes" by the camera. If you get nervous just look to the side to remind you what to say!:jiggy:

Good Luck

Judi x

Guest caoimhe
Ok, I have two early morning video conference interviews tomorrow and Thursday....

Anyone else had these before they departed... did anyone get a job via these video interviews before departure??

Just wondering.... feeling nervous and excited!

Ali

Hi Ali

I have no exprience of this whatsoever. Just wanted to wish you luck:wubclub:

Guest Lulujim

Hi - My hubby had a video confrence interview in July. He has been offered the job - yeh!! :jiggy:

He too found it much more relaxed (and informal) than interviews here - nothing to worry about - best of luck!

Guest Alipally

Well, drove 50 minutes to the conferencing facility this morning.....

All locked up, nobody there!

OMG!

have I got the wrong day? the wrong time? Arrrggghhhh!!

My interviewer telephones... 'I'm looking at an empty office'

Me: 'I'm standing outside a locked up building!' :confused:

Somebody turns up to pick up something 10 minutes later, and lets me in.... freezing office, but interview went off OK (They're going to let me know by the end of the week!) Very odd trying to speak to someone who's looking at the screen and not you! Still I guess that it'll be better tomorrow!

Turns out some intermediary cancelled the conference yesterday afternoon..... I knew I should have telephoned yesterday and not just turned up this morning!! :arghh:

Anyhooo.... Video conference number 2 is tomorrow! This time I've found a provider, 10 minutes down the road and booked the facility myself, so I know they'll be someone there when I turn up!

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Congratulations Lulujim on managing to get a job before departure... I think it will make settling in so much easier!

:)

Guest Carkyde

Hey congrats on the job and the move to Oz!!!!

Can I ask if the person interviewing you had to have Skype downloaded on their computer or can they use their video link to your Skype?

Thanks Caroline

Guest Lulujim

Thank you! It is nice to know that we won't be job hunting and eating in to savings when we eventually get there!

Your vid conference wasn't in Leeds was it? James' was, he got there and was locked out of the building too. Had to wait for someone to arrive - made it just in time, but then they couldn't get link to work. Took 25 mins for it to get linked up - not good for the nerves, but all fine in the end!!

Hope you get offers, keep us posted! x

OMG!

Somebody turns up to pick up something 10 minutes later, and lets me in.... freezing office, but interview went off OK (They're going to let me know by the end of the week!) Very odd trying to speak to someone who's looking at the screen and not you! Still I guess that it'll be better tomorrow!

Turns out some intermediary cancelled the conference yesterday afternoon..... I knew I should have telephoned yesterday and not just turned up this morning!! :arghh:

Anyhooo.... Video conference number 2 is tomorrow! This time I've found a provider, 10 minutes down the road and booked the facility myself, so I know they'll be someone there when I turn up!

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Congratulations Lulujim on managing to get a job before departure... I think it will make settling in so much easier!

Guest Lulujim
That's so great about your jobs and your husband's jobs. Takes some of the worry out of your move. Love Florence's hat.

:)Thank you so much!! I love it to, I'm such a sucker for dressing them up - any excuse! Not sure she'll like it when she's older though!! x

Guest rockpool crab

OMG!

Eeek..that must have been quite stressful today.

Best of luck with tomorrow you seem totally under control..sure you'll be great!

All the best from the Hannahs.