• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Oh and where do you get the online sections Cornelia, haven't heard of them, last time I had to look at this stuff it was a trek out to TAFE at Holden Hill.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Port Noarlunga
      134 times
      They send you the forms to complete with the answers to their questions and then send them via post or they can send you them via email to complete and return. This is via home study and not by going into Tafe to do the course.

I also can work here, but just proving a little difficult to get a start anywhere. I am volunteering within the local schools and Kindy's, I am also on the relief register for a few childcare centres, one of which called yesterday only after a few hours of registering with them, but unfortunately I had to turn them down as the shifts were for next week and I have agreed to do a two week contract with an agency in the city, which I can't wait to start tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to getting back into the workforce even if it is only a couple of shifts at a time, but ideally I need to get something a bit more secure for the sake of getting a mortgage in the future.

But keep the ideas coming to me as there is always new information that we all need to know.

In the meantime, I'll just need to keep my head down and try and get this contractors licence finished for the OH.

A womans work is never done!!

Many thanks
      Cornelia (41), Andy (42!!), Ally (16) & Wee Andi (12) x

Hallett Cove
      27 times
      Hi Cornelia

This might help you:

The two modules that are required to be completed to be able to apply for the Building Work Contractors Licence through Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) are:
      • Establish Business & Legal Requirements; and
      • Undertake Financial Planning.
      The Building Workers Contractors Fact Sheet from the OCBA website which has the information regarding these modules.

Adam Guerin
      Skills Recognition Services
      Ph. 1800 658 887

Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au

donna T
      I had to turn them down as the shifts were for next week and I have agreed to do a two week contract with an agency in the city, which I can't wait to start tomorrow. A womans work is never done!!

Many thanks[/quote]

Congratulations Cornelia and best of luck - you never know where this might lead - keep us posted!
      Donna x

Quote Originally Posted by Rachiegarlo View Post
      I know you arte probably looking for work, but in the mean time why don't you do some volunteer work like meals on wheels, seving in the hospital shops kiosks. You could put this on your CV when you are allowed to work.
      Hi there, it was me who wasn't allowed to work for two years. Cornelia can as she says. I can now too My visa had stamped on it at the time no work allowed so I looked into volunteer work to keep my sanity but when I went to do it they pointed out that my visa stated no work allowed and underneath also stated no volunteer work!!!!! Luckily I hadn't started yet so that was lucky. I knew that I couldn't work but thought I would be allowed to do volunteer work but not always the case it seems Still all behind me now thank goodness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums