job sites

Guest steve & charlie

Guest steve & charlie

hi again

can you help you no in uk the government job website is jobcentreplus is there an equivilent in australia

if so how do i find it or can anyone give me the link to it

many thanks in advance

steve and charlie

:notworthy:

Just found this list of various job sites I was given at the Job Centre equivalant here in OZ

www.jobsearch.gov.au

www.seek.com.au

www.careersonline.com.au

www.careerone.com.au - Jobs advertised in Australian newspapers

www.ausjobs.com

www.drake.com.au

www.jobguide.dest.gov.au

www.jobjuice.gov.au - for young people looking for work

www.jobaccess.gov.au - advice and support

www.workplace.gov.au

www.mycareer.com.au - executive and white collar recruitment

www.jobnet.com.au - features IT vacancies

hope it helps with your job search.

Julie

Guest steve & charlie

thanks for that im taring my hair out i am trying to find work in the welfare and support helping people with barriers to work get back into paid employment. if you no of anything please let me no

many thanks again

oh where in adelaide have you settled

thanks for that im taring my hair out i am trying to find work in the welfare and support helping people with barriers to work get back into paid employment. if you no of anything please let me no

many thanks again

oh where in adelaide have you settled

Hi,

I have been looking for similar work as I currently work on the Condtion Management project which is part of Pathways to Work.

There is aj

ob called a job capacity assessor (JCA) which is a bit similar to what I do apart form My current post has no bearing on the benefits they recieve (although this may change with the new employment support allowance replacing IB in Oct 08.)

The JCA role appears to be similar to that of the Personal capability assesment so would have a direct effect on claiming benefits.

Don't know how I would feel about that.

There are a lot or private agencies who deliver the JCA.

Debs

Do you work for JCP?

Guest steve & charlie

hi

no i dont work for jcp but i work for a company that runs one of there contracts its an esf funded programme called initial steps my title is an employment coach but in a round about sort of way mentoring support case worker.

i really enjoy this job and want to carry on this when i get to oz.

any other help would be great

thanks

charlie:notworthy:

hi

no i dont work for jcp but i work for a company that runs one of there contracts its an esf funded programme called initial steps my title is an employment coach but in a round about sort of way mentoring support case worker.

i really enjoy this job and want to carry on this when i get to oz.

any other help would be great

thanks

charlie:notworthy:

Hey Charlie,

I think that you will find that OZ is way ahead of the game in Vocational Rehab services.

The welfare to work iniative is relatively new here what with the pathways to work iniative and new deal etc.

I went on centrelink tfind out more aboutthe JCA and basically they sign post people onto job brokers/careers advice etc after addressing barriers to work.

Type in centre link or welfare to work and see what you get.

I think you will find what you need and let me know if you find anything new!

I work for the NHS but will prob work for a vocational rehab service provider there seem to be loads!!

Debs