Any mechanics?

Guest MR&MRSC

Hi,

Are there any Mechanics out there, gone through the process, going through the process or just about to start?

We are just starting to do research. We have looked at housing, schools and areas, threads have been very helpful. We have noticed that there seems to be a lack of Mechanic communication or, more than likely, we are not looking in the right areas (Soooo much to take in)!

Anyone, please.

Mark & Leila:biglaugh::unsure:

Oh! can anyone tell me (Leila) what the initials 'OH' stand for? I realise it relates to husband/partner, just wondering.....

Hi

My partner Andrew is a Mechanic and we are going out to Adelaide permantly in October. Have you checked seek.com.au as there are loads of jobs on there. Also careerone.com.au seems to be another site mentioned on here. OH (other half) has not got a job to go to as we preferred to see the areas first as not been to Adealaide before.

If you have any other questions, ask away and we will try to help

Carole

Thank you for your response. Beginning to wonder if there was anyone out there. Great to hear you are jetting off this October, good luck.

Should have realised the meaning of OH, my mind is a little boggled...

Many things going through my head at the moment. However, it is the Vet. Assessment that is more on my husbands mind. This is one thing I am unable to put his mind at ease over, it is a case of 20 years experience to him, and a strange alien language to me. Does your hubby have any pointers, do's and dont's. Anything would help.

Leila

Thank you for your response. Beginning to wonder if there was anyone out there. Great to hear you are jetting off this October, good luck.

Should have realised the meaning of OH, my mind is a little boggled...

Many things going through my head at the moment. However, it is the Vet. Assessment that is more on my husbands mind. This is one thing I am unable to put his mind at ease over, it is a case of 20 years experience to him, and a strange alien language to me. Does your hubby have any pointers, do's and dont's. Anything would help.

Leila

Hi Leila

I am to understand that you dont have an agent? Andrew had only worked for one employer so we were quite lucky that way.

We had one reference to submit which detailed the following;

A bit about the garage where he worked and what they did, how many employees.

covered the appenticeship why explaining what he did and listing the tools he used.

then covered his positions after that

described the types of work he had experience of ie changing brake pads, services,changing head gasket etc

detailed all tools used throughout

detailed any courses he had been on

Listed all the types of cars he had worked on

It was time consuming but the process itself was fairly easy. I understand as well that if people are unsucessful, you are told why and can re submit your application. Not that is going to happen, as mechanics are on MODL list so they are very keen to have you. With 20 years experience he will be absolutely fine.

Hope this helps for now

Carole:wubclub: