Bricklayer looking for possible sponsor

Guest dyson99

hi there im sean 26 years old and a fully qualified bricklayer. im looking to migrate to australia with adelaide being a top choice.

what im looking for is anyone who is in the building trade or bricklaying trade to contact me with either some info on any companys or any guys that can offer advice for me in my situation.

im a very good rugby player with a link to the southern suburbs rugby club who want me to play rugby for them next year. they have been looking for a sponsor for me as i have previoulsy been to australia before on a working holiday visa so i cant get another one of them.

please help with either advice or maybe a contact or 2. thanks for you time hope to speak to you guys soon.

Guest graandjac

:)Hi , if you are having trouble getting a sponsor , could you not just apply for a 136 visa as brickies are in huge demand out here. Most of the brickies are subbies so i dont know if you will manage to get a sponsor in a trade...??. All the brick laying out hear looks so simple as its all single skin panels with expansion joints every 4 metres or so .........to easy for a good brickie. good luck

ive looked into this a bit and i have a expo to go to in london and there are some companys that are from adelaide going there. how big is the demand for bricklayers over there?

what is adelaide really like in your opinion is it a good place for a single 26 male to be in?

thanks for your reply hope to speak to you soon.

Guest Traceyb68

My OH is to a brickie with 26 years experience I think he was born with the trowel in hand lol !!!

We are looking at the Aldinga Beach area as there is alot of work going on around there but for how long ..... I don't know. My only concern is that brickies aren't on the wanted list for SA so is there a demand ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated as I've set my heart on coming to SA can't believe how beautiful it looks and the houses.

Tracey x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest casey123

Hi , what are the chances of a 53yr qualified chippy have of getting sponsored ? coming over early nov to try and sort this out , do you have any leads you could pass back to me please !

My OH is to a brickie with 26 years experience I think he was born with the trowel in hand lol !!!

We are looking at the Aldinga Beach area as there is alot of work going on around there but for how long ..... I don't know. My only concern is that brickies aren't on the wanted list for SA so is there a demand ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated as I've set my heart on coming to SA can't believe how beautiful it looks and the houses.

Tracey x

Hi Tracey, same with us my oh been a brickie for 28 years and we heading for Aldinga Beach too. We haven't got visa's yet but have took pot look and put the house on the market. We will be gutted if we can't go now. With work being so scarce in the building at the moment the sooner the better. The schools seem good too and we couldn't get our daughter in our preferred school here which was the one our Son went to.

I work for a family owned building company that is looking for an experienced carpenter to supervise jobs, help train apprentices and generally impart those things that experience brings. Sponsorship is a possibility for someone willing to make a commitment to joining the team on a long term basis. Email me at bluey@jhi.com.au if you want to explore further.

Guest Kazzarazza

Tracey x

Hi Tracey. Bricklayers are still on the wanted list for SA. They are on the Provisional 475 visa list. Regards.

Guest Kazzarazza
Hi Tracey. Bricklayers are still on the wanted list for SA. They are on the Provisional 475 visa list. Regards.

Me again. I guess that also means Sean (Dyson99) could apply for sponsorship from the State Govt of SA, which would be better because then he's free to work for whoever he wants rather than being tied to one company. Subclass 475 is a Provisional (not temporary) visa with a direct pathway to permanency when you have been here 2 years and employed for 12 months. Cheers.

I'm confused! Doesn't take much. How does that effect us? Max has applied for 175 permanent visa.

Guest Kazzarazza
I'm confused! Doesn't take much. How does that effect us? Max has applied for 175 permanent visa.

Hi Ellie. If you have enough points to qualify for the 175 visa then definitely go for that. That gives you permanent residency straight away and you can live and work anywhere. State sponsorships are mainly for people who can't get enough points for the 175 visa - the pass mark is normally lower and the state sponsorshp gives you extra points, the down side being you would have to stay in that State for the duration of that visa and can only apply to become permanent when you have been working and living there for a certain time.

Hi Ellie. If you have enough points to qualify for the 175 visa then definitely go for that. That gives you permanent residency straight away and you can live and work anywhere. State sponsorships are mainly for people who can't get enough points for the 175 visa - the pass mark is normally lower and the state sponsorshp gives you extra points, the down side being you would have to stay in that State for the duration of that visa and can only apply to become permanent when you have been working and living there for a certain time.

Hi, thanks for that. There so many visa's I get confused with it all. He was only a couple of points off but our agent told him to take the english test to bump his points up whch will take him over the amount he needs. So fingers crossed he will do ok. Being English surely a bonus, who knows? :unsure: