cnc programmer/machinist

Guest grantanddebs

Guest grantanddebs

hi there. can anyone recommend the best companies to work for in adelaide for cnc programmers/machinists?

good pay, career progression and modern machine shop are a must!

i am looking to be over there late 2008 and am in the process of contacting employers. its pretty hard to know who the best companies are from the other side of the globe!!

cheers, Grant

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hi there

you may want to PM katsmagic (think that is how your spelt it!) that is what her husband was doing and he knows a lot of the companies - both good and bad.

Good luck,

regs

sas

:wubclub:

Guest katsmajic

Hi, thanks Sas,

Hubby is working in your field, hes encountering lots of good and bad - the vast majority of work is in the north - Elizabeth etc, lots of aerospace work - which is what he was doing in the UK.

Down the south its not so easy to get a decent paying position - hes currently travelling up to Wingfield. Weve chosen to live in the south - beaches rule for us ;) with having kids, so at the mo he has to put up with the commute - until he can find something closer to home.

He says this company is great - Levett engineering, but miles away from us and he really doesnt want to travel up to Elizabeth way every day.

Hes also having wobbles at engineering in general here - and considering a career change...hes doing programming but says they make things so hard for themselves here, all in long hand etc and lousey tolerances - but then hes used to aerospace with virtual zero tolerances.

There are a few companies to avoid - generally the ones that appear week in week out in the advertiser/career1.

Guest grantanddebs

hi there. thankyou for the info. if your hubby thinks the tolerances are slack there. tell him to try canada!!! im here just now and never been in such a shocking job in my life!!

anyway, thats a another story! any info on transco mfg? i got a good email from them the other day about a job.

grant

Guest katsmajic

LOL he said he was deburring an item cos it had loads of sharp edges - the boss had a major go at him for time wasting and told him to box it up regardless of swarf etc.

Hes just stunned at some of the tolerances they let slip by...

No news about Transco im afraid...thats usually a good thing!

hi there. thankyou for the info. if your hubby thinks the tolerances are slack there. tell him to try canada!!! im here just now and never been in such a shocking job in my life!!

anyway, thats a another story! any info on transco mfg? i got a good email from them the other day about a job.

grant