Is anyone an accountant

Guest wiljenni

Guest wiljenni

Hi, my OH is a CPA qualified accountant currently working as a Business Analyist.Was wondering if anyone knew if there are plenty of jobs in adelaide for this role and about how much you could be expected to be paid.Thanks:)

Guest Alipally

Can't help with specifics, but can direct you to a couple of websites and an agency that helped me to find a job before we left the UK..

www.seek.com.au and www.careerone.com.au

Hudson have a recruitment agency office in Adelaide and lots of different departments.... PM me if you want a contact there... she only deals with healthcare at the moment, but she'll be able to point you in the right direction... she's a Brit and really good at what she does.

HTH

Ali :wubclub:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi, my OH is a CPA qualified accountant currently working as a Business Analyist.Was wondering if anyone knew if there are plenty of jobs in adelaide for this role and about how much you could be expected to be paid.Thanks:)

Hi,

My better half will PM you tomorrow from work, she works for Talent 2 and only recruits accountants,

Guzzler

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hello there and welcome to the site

I have sent you a PM and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

I forgot to mention that qualified analysts a bit in demand at the moment!

Thanks again

Sas

:wubclub:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sas,

I'm a CIMA qualified management accountant for an SME in the UK. We're looking to come to Adelaide early next year. Could you let me know if CIMA is widely accepted over there by employers?

I've also seen that a number of people have to take a step down the career ladder to get established over there. Is that the same with accountants, or could I hope to get a role at the same level that I am now?

regards

Sean

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi Sean

CIMA is recognised here but you may want to look into doing a taxation paper be bring you up to speed.

Can't really advise about taking a step back, but feel free to PM me or email your CV to my work address, which I am happy to pass on in a PM. I work for Talent2 and recruit in the accountancy sector.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Sarah

• 5 months later...
Guest ben&sharon
Hi Sean

CIMA is recognised here but you may want to look into doing a taxation paper be bring you up to speed.

Can't really advise about taking a step back, but feel free to PM me or email your CV to my work address, which I am happy to pass on in a PM. I work for Talent2 and recruit in the accountancy sector.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Sarah

Sarah,

Hi - apologies for piggy-backing on an old conversation here, but you sound like the ideal person to help me out with some advice. I'm a qualified FCCA and have now registered with the NIA over there. I have over 10 years of work experience up to FC level, ranging from SME to global corporations, and particularly in manufacturing. We're hoping to get out there in early July, so I've already registered with Hays.

It's still not the done thing here to register with too many agencies, so I've held off spreading my CV around out there, but everything I read suggests that I ought to be registering with everyone!! Is this something you'd recommend? And if so, can I also bother you with my CV??

Thanks in advance - and sorry for bothering you with business on here. :GEEK:

Sharon.