IT Trainer or tutor jobs

Guest Capt Emz I Think

Guest Capt Emz I Think

Hi all

I'm hoping to make it out in the summer 09. Does anybody know if there are any ops for me. Apparently I am a teacher of IT - you wouldnt think so with all the paper work you have to do to try and proove it - and at that i'm still not seen as a proper teacher event though I have a degree, did a PGCE - why because my PGCE is aimed at 16+.:arghh: So I will have to try and look at TAFE colleges or private companies where I could train or teach IT - does any body know if there are any ops in this area :v_SPIN:

Guest katsmajic

Hi you might find you have to do a certificate IV in training and asessment - to be able to teach/train at TAFE here, and in other organisations - you have to have this qual to be able to do any adult education here.

There is a clause you can train aslong as supervised by someone qualified but those roles are hard to find and inevitable you'll need the cert iv.

Im doing mine, its easy enough, i got status for alot of the course as i was a qualified trainer in the UK, i have to cover the Aussies laws/legislations and OH&S aspects etc.

Costs around $1000 - $2000 depending on where you go for the course.

Guest Capt Emz I Think
Hi you might find you have to do a certificate IV in training and asessment - to be able to teach/train at TAFE here, and in other organisations - you have to have this qual to be able to do any adult education here.

There is a clause you can train aslong as supervised by someone qualified but those roles are hard to find and inevitable you'll need the cert iv.

Im doing mine, its easy enough, i got status for alot of the course as i was a qualified trainer in the UK, i have to cover the Aussies laws/legislations and OH&S aspects etc.

I've heard that if you have a D32/33 - this is equivalent - guess what though - I never picked mine up from uni lol!!!!! I'm laughing cos I have no transcripts and this uni are being real funny buggers with me - mmmmmm now lets think if they will be helpful!!!

Guest katsmajic

LOL mmmm i thought that my quals would be recognised here too - they are to an extent which is why ive got some status, like rpl but with out having to prove rpl etc and pay for it to be assessed.

Cert IV is be all and end all - if you want a proper job in a proper RTO (registered training organisation) then you will need your Cert IV.

Every training job ive seen advertised requires cert iv.

To get status you'll need your certs, transcripts and the module breakdown explaing what your training qualification areas are covered - I.E. group training, individual training, assessment criteria, methods etc.

Or you can do rpl - where you prove your prl, and still have to cover the Aussie lwaws etc, i found it easier to go for status and do the rest of the course so at least i get a full understanding of Aussie laws/vet regulations etc.

Yes Kat is right. My husband is a fully qualified and experience chef and managed hotels here in Australia. He obtained his Cert IV in Training and Assessment last year and landed a job at a private institution teaching overseas students how to be a chef. Funnily enough, he has his first set of students starting today!

This company also teaches hairdressing so they are always on the look out for hairdressers and chefs who have gained their Cert IV in TAA.

Guest katsmajic

OOOO pick me pick me lol

This company also teaches hairdressing so they are always on the look out for hairdressers and chefs who have gained their Cert IV in TAA.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jo&Phil

You can teach at TAFE while completing your Cert IV ....... especially if they need your skills

Try and do the Cert IV via RPL (recognition of prior learning) as you can use evidence from your existing teaching. I did this and it wasn't too complex.

TAFE at Tea Tree Gully are very organised for this ............ and I work for a different TAFE so don't quote me on that bit!