Salary Comparison

Guest mightyBouch

Guest mightyBouch

Hi

I have had word back today from a second interview I had on Monday and it seems they are interested in me!!

All they have said is that the role would pay in the region of $90K (£37K) can anyone shed any light on salary levels?

Also what are the income tax levels in Oz?

Cheers

Mike

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

If you have just had a telephone interview (saw your last post about Electranet) and now had a second telephone interview, it might be worth having a chat with other people about the type of work you do. If you are in that much demand with one company, it might be good to know about others.

When do you plan to come over?

I have just had a chat with one of my colleagues (I work for Talant2) who has done a bit of work for them and rates them well. Once you have a job here, it is easy enough to get another one if it's not right once you are here.

Feel free to PM me if you want to run past the type of work you do - I might be able to give you a salary guide then about your skills.

As someone has previously mentioned, clarify if it is $90k base or TAP - also, what other benefits are included - super, can you top up, mobile phone, car/parking, holiday entitlement and when you can start taking it, etc.

Good luck

Sas

:wubclub:

Guest alieninoz

$90k, I would have snapped their hand off, agents have told me if I can find job, the best I can hope for is $40k:shocked:. I have also asked about unskilled work and was told I would be looking at about $17 per-hour which may not too bad if I have little or no rent and no kids.

But I think the old sayings hold here just the same as anywhere;

• It's easier to get a job if you’re in one
  • It’s not what you know but who you know

Good luck;)

Guest mightyBouch

Well it seems ElectraNet do not want me:sad:

They had a domestic candidate apply also, so they have to offer the post to him before offering it to an international candidate., even though I had a better skills set than him.

On the brighter side, they are still interested and have some people retiring next year so there is hope yet!

Mike

Hi There, you'll be well stoked with that mate, Where abouts in Bristol are you from?

Im from Backwell village, but was brought up in Stockwood.

good luck with your job

Laura xx

Hi

I have had word back today from a second interview I had on Monday and it seems they are interested in me!!

All they have said is that the role would pay in the region of $90K (£37K) can anyone shed any light on salary levels?

Also what are the income tax levels in Oz?

Cheers

Mike

Guest mightyBouch

Hi Laura

I'm not too bothered, I don't think the door is closed completely, I had a call from their HR department this morning saying that they may have other opportunities coming up next year.

I am in Downend in Bristol, I have lived here since 1998 but originally from Northamptonshire.

Cheers

Mike

Hi There, you'll be well stoked with that mate, Where abouts in Bristol are you from?

Im from Backwell village, but was brought up in Stockwood.

good luck with your job

Laura xx

...I am in Downend in Bristol...

Know it well ;-) We moved over from Bristol last year; Longwell Green to be exact but Bradley Stoke before that (and 4/5 years in Holland). Not originally from Bristol either but it's a great city, as is neighbouring Bath.

I'm with the other guys - you can live VERY comfortably over here on $90k, with or without super on top.

J.