Any Nurses?.... Help!!

Scozzie

Hi there,

I had my skills assessed as part of the immigration process by ANMC, but thought that registering with NBSA would be straightforward. So far it hasnt been as my practising certificate for NZ has expired (I worked there for 2 years).

I had an email from NBSA today saying that it would take 6 months for my registration with them as I did my nurse training in Glasgow. ARGHHHHH!!!!!

Any advice on how long it took for anyone to get this (they also said if i had a job offer it would be quicker)!! Got 2 interviews this week, so fingers crossed I get one of them?!

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers, Gill

Hi

Sorry to hear that your registartion seems difficult. Are you still registered with the NMC? The reason I ask this is my registration was very straight forward I just got the NMC to send a letter to the NBSA confirming I was on the UK register. I think if you have a job offer it may help as we emigrated on the Regional sponsered Migration Scheme and I didn't have to have my skills assessed by the ANMC. I am sure all will come good in the end.

Good luck

Kris

Hi Liz,

Yeah Im still registered with the NMC (I think) cos they sent the confirmation to the ANMC. I'm just worried now about it taking 6 months. Ive emailed them to see if they can sent my file to NBSA, just feel a bit stupid now and should've really had all this sorted out. The NBSA told me the quickest way would be to re-register in NZ but that just seems a bit daft as I've no intention of going back there to work.

Ahhh well another bit of stress:arghh:

Gill

forget that route, go through anmc first then register with nbsa when you get here if applying for pr thats what i did. Ring nmc and ask them for a verification form and you can send it to 5 states including anmc then do your anmc stuff on back of uk training. then when you have positive skills assessment apply to nbsa. You will then be told you are eligable for registration. Thats when u apply, once i had eligability i left it til i got here then went into the office and got it same day. For pr visa you only need positive anmc skills assessment not nbsa registration if that makes sense.

you can get nbsa registration aftwerwards . Often people are told to do it other way round as its cheaper, it is but can take longer and you can wait for nbsa eligability while u waiting for visa. ANMC can take up to 16 weeks.

If not and u have skpe pm me and i will skype you and talk u through it x

Hi Claire,

I think I got the jist of that lol!! Im in Adelaide just now, got here just over 2 weeks ago, we've got PR visas. So what I will have to do is got into NBSA again with my ANMC registration?? Maybe if you PM'd ur number I could have a chat about this, Im getting even more confused now (which is not difficult).

Cheers Gill

Hi Claire,

I think I got the jist of that lol!! Im in Adelaide just now, got here just over 2 weeks ago, we've got PR visas. So what I will have to do is got into NBSA again with my ANMC registration?? Maybe if you PM'd ur number I could have a chat about this, Im getting even more confused now (which is not difficult).

Cheers Gill

sorry just re-read your post didnt realise you here i will explain better when u ring lol, it should be very straightforward but it can take 10 weeks for eligability for registration, then u can apply for it.

Hi there

I dont want to be ther bearer of bad news but current times for registration with the NBSA are abour 6 months. I know of two people that are waiting for their registrations to come through and both have been waiting at least 4 months + . I had mine on the three months that they were quoting at the time. Neither of these people had, had their skills assessed prior to them applying (ie by the ANMC for the purpose of obtianing visas), so they were new applications. I believe that they are snowed under at the moment and are processing as fast as they can. Maybe they were suggesting that you apply using your NZ registration as it may speed up the process (guess not if its run out though!). I am sure I have heard of people having their skills assessed in other states (with quicker processing times) and then just applying to join the register in the state they wish to live (more expensive though). Give them a call and ask what the quickest route would be, but as I say, from my friends experience six months sounds about right for joining the register with the NBSA.

Lindsey

Have to add though I work for an agency as well as being a casual too and neither of the places would even look at me until I had registration with the NBSA

Hi,

Thanks for your help guys............ I should've had this sorted before I got here!!

Yeah the NBSA said 6 months but if I have a job offer 2-3 months. NZ having a public holiday today, so I will contact them tomorrow and see how quickly then can re-register me or if thats even possible!!

Ta again,

Gill

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I was originally told 3 months for my nbsa reg, when it hadn't come through last month I e-mailed them and they said they wouldn't prioritise it unless I had a job offer, I said I HAVE I HAVE GIMME MY REG!!!:biglaugh:Anyway they said fax it through (I can't do the scan and e-mail thing) and they would prioritise, just got approval 10 days ago, sent off fee, expectin paperwork back any day now, last bit of paper neeeded for visa!

It's took just over 4 months so far.

Sarahx

Guest Jen & Did

Hi

Just thought I would let you know how long it took me. I applied to the nbsa at the end of may 08 and got the registration through on the 23rd of November. I then applied for assessment with the ANMC straight away and recieved that 11th December and went this route as we are applying for the 175 visa and I do have a job offer.

Hope this helps

Jen