Anybody work for Finsbury Green, Newstyle Printing, CHH Packaging, Amcor or similiar?

Guest Bristol_Matt

Guest Bristol_Matt

I am a qualified Printer, with experience on a 6 colour sheetfed Litho press.

I have worked in carton manufacture since leaving school and as such this is where all my experience lies.

I am currently looking for information on the 4 companies mentioned in the title, as well as any other carton manufacturers or similiar.

Information of use would be salary, hours/shift patterns, conditions (is there a/c?), types of press, best ways of applying for vacancies, possibilities of visiting plants...

Thanks

Matt

My hubby works for custom cartons as a die cutter in carton making. Good company owned by Gerrards who own clipsal and loads of vinyards.

Donna T's hubby is a print finisher at Finsbury green.

Hubby works 2 shifts, good conditions and good money for what he does. However companies vary wildly in what they pay you.

Guest Bristol_Matt
My hubby works for custom cartons as a die cutter in carton making. Good company owned by Gerrards who own clipsal and loads of vinyards.

Donna T's hubby is a print finisher at Finsbury green.

Hubby works 2 shifts, good conditions and good money for what he does. However companies vary wildly in what they pay you.

I have just been looking at the Custom Cartons website.

Interesting stuff. It looks as though they print a wide range of products. I would be interested to know how many print presses they have. Also what does "2 shifts" entail? I currently work 3x12 hour shifts a week (no weekends - except overtime).

Guest Bristol_Matt
Hey,

The best way to find out info is to drop the companies mentioned an email explaining your circumstances.

I am a screen printer here amd found this the best way to obtain info. I was surprised myself, to find the amount that responded to my mails. I now work for one of these.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

My intention was to get a couple of weeks booked over Easter and to start contacting some companies just after Christmas regards jobs and/or a possible factory tour. Do you think a tour is something they may consider? I just want to at least get an idea of the heat!

I see you are following the local football over there. Is it up to much?

Football will be a must for both me and the wife. At the moment we follow England everywhere and will need to fill the hole when we leave it all behind. I would even consider following Australia!

• 2 months later...
Guest Bristol_Matt
I have friends who are senior managers at Finsbury Green - email me on d.hensman@buildadelaide.com.au and I will forward your details so that you can deal with them direct

Regards

Dennis

Thank you Dennis.

I will email you as soon as I finish up reading the new posts on here.

I am currently updating my CV/Resume and draughting a few letters to potential employers, so your timing is almost perfect!

Regards

Matt

Guest darren alley

hiya matt.

2 shifts or double days means 6-2, 2-10. i am a sheet-fed printer looking for work over in adelaide any chance you could let me know how you are doing.

cheers darren

Guest Bristol_Matt
hiya matt.

2 shifts or double days means 6-2, 2-10. i am a sheet-fed printer looking for work over in adelaide any chance you could let me know how you are doing.

cheers darren

Hi Darren,

I am a "Number 2" sheet-feed Litho Printer working for Meadwestvaco. I work on a 6 colour KBA Rapida (size 6). We solely print cartons.

My wife and I have booked 2 weeks (not enough I know) in Adelaide this Easter.

Being very sensible/conservative/boring I can't commit my future to a city I have never visited. I just don't have the nerve to settle in a new country without the security of at least a paying job.

As such we haven't made any formal applications for anything, including agencies, tests, checks or visas.

The plan is to identify areas we like the sound of and look round the city. Hopefully fitting in a couple of visits to potential employers along the way. I am writing to these employers within the next couple of weeks and will politely remind any non-replying companies in March.

Flights and accomodation are booked, all we need now is a car and an itinerary.

Hopefully we might find time to unwind in the evenings and if we are reall lucky get invited to a Barbie!

Guest darren alley

hi matt

i was running a 5-col mitsu B1, printing can labels. we have just sent off our state sponsership forms, i dont think finances will allow us to make a reccie so our first visit will be if and when we get the nod with our visas

i have not done any real job seaching yet we were waiting till we at least got our sponsership(fingers crossed), but it would be interesting to see which is the best approach.

best of luck.

maybe i will see you over there.

Guest Bristol_Matt
hi matt

i was running a 5-col mitsu B1, printing can labels. we have just sent off our state sponsership forms, i dont think finances will allow us to make a reccie so our first visit will be if and when we get the nod with our visas

i have not done any real job seaching yet we were waiting till we at least got our sponsership(fingers crossed), but it would be interesting to see which is the best approach.

best of luck.

maybe i will see you over there.

Darren,

I would be very interested to know how the State Sponsorship pans out.

I will let you know if I find anything of importance during my research.

It's strange how things sometimes work out and I wouldn't be at all surprised if I do get to meet you one day.

All the best with everything

Matt

Hi Matt and Darren,

Couldn't help notice the print thread developing, I am a Print Procurement Officer/Customer Service Exec currently working in Print Management in the U.K. Would be interested if anybody has any leads with respect to employment in this field to enable me to submit my resume to them.

Visa lodged, now waiting - fingers crossed!!!

Trev

My only advice to all you guys - is to get here fast. When we came over here 19 months ago , there were a lot of printing jobs advertised and hubby and his mate- who's a printer - had their pick of the jobs. However we have met loads of printers (print finishers, print managers) who have emmigrated in the last year - jobs are fewer in the paper, and I know a few companies that used to have a regular turn over of staff - now no longer advertise as so many brits are now working for them.

It is getting tougher as the brits are flooding the market.